2003 Volvo S40

22 city / 30 hwy

Overall

It's got character.

by somedudeinchicago from Chicago | May 28, 2011

Definitely love this car. It's good in the corners, and has a fair amount of power. Transmission is better than previous volvo's. It's got a little charm to it. My parents got this car in 2005 (we have a 2004 model) with 20,000 miles. It was handed to me and now the car now has 163,000 miles and yes, things have had to be replaced (suspension, alternator, bushings, basic wear-items), but the car still runs like new. Overall, very good car. However, if I could have done it differently; I would have bought an S60R. One last thing. This car is driven every day, nearly 100 miles each day, and it's not driven lightly. Definitely reliable in my book.

RE:Did not grow up to the VOLVO name,

by Whatever! from | May 17, 2011

Did not grow up to the VOLVO name, That's probably the reason it was for sale in the first place. Not all VOLVO's Are like that. It was either a bad apple, or the previous owner(s) got into an accident and tried to fix it chep before they sold it.

I love this car!

by Volvo lover from | June 30, 2010

I've had this car for 7 years now and love it just as much today as when I drove it off the lot. It has never had any problems except for a cracked knob on the radio. I'll be the first to admit that I am terrible at keeping up with scheduled maintenance and it still runs great! It's a lot of fun to drive, is easy to park, has great safety features, and gets great gas mileage. It's my first Volvo, but it won't be my last!

Did not grow up to the VOLVO name

by Binu from Chicago | September 22, 2006

Too many mechanical problems. Looks like some one just rushed it through the production. Two inside door handles came off. Too many loose nuts and bolts. Plastic guard underneath the engine fell down within the first year. The liner beneath the front bumper too low and broke off in the first Chicago snow storm. Keeps changing light bulbs every month. Too many problems with the power antenna. I like the handling of the car and the sporty feeling.

I like this car.

by Marin from San Francisco Bay Area | July 19, 2006

I really like this car. It's not the most stylish on the road, but it has been a reliable car. I like the turbo and the way it performs on the highway. The ride is a little stiff and it has more cabin noise than some other cars. Steering and handling are very good. Good turning ratio. Comfortable seats and easy to use instruments. Gets good mileage. I would recommend it, and I would buy it again, or replace it with the same but newer model.

Featured Services for this Volvo S40