2007 Volvo S40

See Photos & Videos

Overall

S40

by ma from Florida | November 29, 2011

The bad....Rear seat leg room is non existant. Trunk space is limited, set of golf clubs will not fit sideways. Side curtian too big. The good... Everything else about this car.

Awsome car

by RRoko from indiana | January 27, 2011

Great car... I loved it... i have had 3 volvos since 2004... and the s40 has been the best car... never had a failure or any related problem

LOVE LOVE LOVE my S40!

by Jules from Boston, MA | June 29, 2010

- Sleek exterior, lots of compliments on the look of my white S40! -Gas mileage is about 310 miles per tank (majority of the miles are highway) with mid-grade gas. -Roomy inside (front/back seats). Interior is simple, not much storage. -Trunk is smaller than my previous compact car. -Acceleration is not the best, sometimes it takes a few seconds to pick up when pulling onto the highway. Great value for a luxury vehicle. Not too many bells & whistles but more than your average Honda or Toyota. I would highly recommend an s40 to anyone looking for a small, compact vehicle that is classy, luxurious, and practical! Perfect for someone just out of college or starting a career who wants something that will turn heads but not empty your wallet.

Stay away from this vehicle

by Current Owner of Financed Worthless Car from Montgomery, AL | June 2, 2010

I bought this vehicle in April of 2009 at a local dealership. After a month of owning this car, it started to have this weird humming / knocking sound. I took it to the dealership and was told everything was okay and there was nothing to worry about. 5 months go by and then I have a check engine light that popped up, keep in mind I still have this light sound of knocking come from under my hood. I take it back to the dealership and everything "so-called" checks out fine. On May 31, 2010 The knocking got really loud. I take it back to the dealership and they say I need a new motor. They tell me unfortunately, my warranty expired 1,600 miles ago and it will cost $6500 to fix my car; a car I only owe $9500 on. In case your wandering, I made sure they checked my fluids and yes, my oil was fine and now burnt. Now, I'm left with No car, no transportation, and only one option, let them repo my car and file bankruptsy. If ANYONE has had this same problem PLEASE post to warn others!!!

AWESOME CAR!

by canadian in cailfornia from California | October 11, 2009

I've got the T5 model and only had this car for 3 days, but its a lot of fun to drive. Its amazingly fast and hugs the turns. I'm 6 foot and theres plenty of space, plus theres plenty of room in the back for friends. Its also a very nice town car when you want it to be, you just have to be a bit lighter on the gas. Overall its a great car with lots of options, I recommend this car for anyone that wants some fun in their lives.

If you really want a Volvo, go for a S60 or S80

by NeedSomethingNew from Somewhere, SC | November 18, 2008

I am somewhat satisfied with my S40 2.4i. There are many other things that could be better for the 24k that this costs. It seems rather quick though at low speeds even with only 168 hp. Once you get on the highway, on the other hand, you'd appreciate having more power. The exterior is rather normal looking and the interior has a very cheap feel to it. I'm a big guy that's 6'3 and I'm not very comfortable in it. It's ok for short drives but anything over an hour, I'm not very comfortable. Volvo needs to make this equal or at least close to the BMW 328i to have any chance in this market. It has a long way to go. The beemers got over 100 more hp. That makes a huge difference in a car this size. I hope that this review helped. I will say that the Volvo service department is overall okay. They give you a good estimate of how long your service is gonna take so that helps. Too bad I'm in there more than I'd like. The fuel gauge warning light has gone insane a few times. That costs a little bit but it wasn't too bad. But I guess, that's it.

Best car I've owned

by Shanghai Bob from Shanghai | July 29, 2008

Driving in China it's wise to have a safe car that also has the power & stability to get you out of the way of trouble - the Volvo T5 is perfect for this. Only slight complaints are that the stantions are extra wide resulting in reduced visibility. Otherwise this car handles well, brakes well & has excellent power all wrapped in a sleek, stylish and solid chassis.

Nice car, but have had problems

by Tired from Bexley, Ohio | February 20, 2008

I don't know if these problems have been addressed by Volvo. But, they are: stereo system; have had two upgrades/updates software. Balance of tires, car was not steering straight; dealer took care. Several electrical problems, rain sensor wipers, inside cabin light button came loose; dealer took care. Finally, Engine stalled or completely turned off power, twice on highways road, dealer took care. Would not recommend this vehicle.

Most Impressive Car I've Ever Driven!

by Car Connoisseur from Philadelphia, PA | May 15, 2007

I just purchased my Volvo S40 over the weekend and I am very pleased. The comfortability and refinement are extremely impressive. I mostly love the comfort level at the driver's seat...back support is phenomenal. The space around the wheel is also excellent. The design of the rear and interior make it easier to view blind spots. Handling is also a plus on this vehicle. The standard stability control on the 2007 models is most certainly a plus. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to others.

Best Volvo for the Money!

by Volvo Driver for Life from Augusta GA | February 10, 2007

As a Volvo driver and owner for more than 20 years, I have been sold on the safety of these vehicles having survived two major accidents while I was in a Volvo. Over time, styling and performance of Volvos have improved significantly. The S40 is the fourth Volvo that I have owned and in most respects, the best. Most of my driving is in town and relatively short distance but comfort and acceleration are important considerations. The S40 delivers in both areas. It has plenty of head and leg room for a 6-foot tall driver. The control panel is easy to read and operate. The center console column design with large buttons makes all operations very simple when driving. It is quiet on the highway and handles road irregularities smoothly. The trunk capacity is sufficient for long-weekend trips. Sound systems are an important feature for me. The Dynaudio surround system with subwoofer is outstanding! I would certainly recommend the T5 model which comes with 5 speed automatic as a standard feature along with the 17" tires. The gas mileage for in town driving is reasonably good (23+ mpg so far). I compared this car with other European imports of similar size (BMW, Mercedes). For literally thousands of dollars less, you get better styling and performance and the advanced safety features for which Volvo is renowned. In summary, you get a great performing car with sporty looks and the legendary Volvo safety features.

Featured Services for this Volvo S40