2008 Volvo S40

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Volvo S40 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

SIMPLY THE BEST

by CARFREAK from SA | August 16, 2012

I Bought a used S40 T5 a couple of months ago, love the power, styling & luxury. I fitted the Polestar conversion this week, makes a big difference! Throttle response is extremely sharp and the extra power comes in handy when I want to have fun. Bottomline, I love my Volvo.

LUVIN THE S40

by LAMESSINO from E. Stroudsburg, PA | May 28, 2012

Soo impressed with the ride, interior comfort and a smartly designed interior. Not too mention the Volvo reputation for safety & reliability.

Awesome swedish car

by Jake the car kid from Milwaukee, Wi | March 29, 2012

my dad owns this car but i drive it time to time. it has a manual transmission and the shifting is really nice! I feel complete luxury when i drive this car, and i love the floating console in the middle. Love this Car and way better than the other luxury brands!

Great on gas and loving the Volvo experience

by I drive like a Cullen from Pittsburgh, PA | November 7, 2011

Owned the car since July and have loved every minute of it. It averages anywhere between 22 to 28 mpg and that's around town. I can only imagine what it might get on a highway trip. With gas prices as they are today the MPG is great. The sporty styling is what caught me eye and the reliability and safety rating the Volvo name carries drew me in. I am loving every minute of driving this S40. I would definitely recommend any Volvo to my friends and especially the S40.

I LOVE MY S40t

by Volvos40Enthusiast from Rapid City South Dakota | September 3, 2010

This has been the best car i have ever owned. The reliability of these cars is great...i drive ALOT for work and i have never had one issue with it. I desided i would give up a little room for the sportier look of the s40 over the s60. In comparison the my last car (audi a4) i think there about the same, i am a hugh audi fan but i wanted to try something different and i tell ya this is one choice i am glad i did.

Love my Volvo!

by Megh from Jacksonville, FL | March 15, 2010

My husband and I bought our 08 S40 in July 2009 slightly used with only 9,000 miles for an incredible price. We are so happy with our decision to purchase this vehicle. It is stylish, affordable, and comfortable. I could go on and on.. I simply love our Volvo!

I am an official Volvo Girl!

by EFlores from Chicago, IL | January 23, 2010

I just purchased my Volvo, and I feel like a Million bucks! This car responds, it’s very agile, and comfortable. I would absolutely unequivocally recommend this car... I love all the little compartments and the interior/exterior features, it was a great value!

Super Swede

by Greggles from Danbury, CT | May 9, 2009

I love my T5 AWD. It gets great gas mileage and grips the road in snow. I was able to custom order mine from the dealer and it came from Europe in 3 months. Passion red with 17 in rims and beige leather interior. I am frequently complemented on the car. It is a zip to park when I bring it into Manhattan. I am very surprised more people don't own this car. It is a bit of a best kept secret and very reliable.

Nice Styling but uncomfortable

by Ant from Greenville, SC | January 1, 2009

I went with the Volvo over the BMW 328 due to price. I regret that everyday I have to drive the S40. The styling and quality is enjoyable, but I just can't get comfortable in the drivers seat. I'm 5'9 and 185lbs so average build and I just don't seem to fit in the seat. I have the premium package black on black leather. The seats have minimul support and I constantly feel like I am falling out of the seat everytime I make the slightest turn. I've had mine for 9 months and 12k miles. I've been begging my wife to allow me to take the loss on this thing and go get the BMW. I would recommend the car if you take it on a thorough test drive and are fine with the comfort. It actually took me 2 months before I noticed it and now I can't get it out of my head.

A Hidden Gem

by ShopCars from Gaithersburg | October 18, 2008

Do not over look this car. Its sharp, Classy, one of the most comfortable seats you will ever sit in. For an All Wheel Drive it gets 22 in heavy city traffic and close to 30 on highway. So easy to park. The upgraded sound system that comes standard in the T5 is better than most and is a breeze to operate once you get it down. When behind the wheel you feel like you a in a secured environment and in a much larger car.

Featured Services for this Volvo S40