2010 Volvo S40

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Looking at the long rum

by Practical Fun Fan from Lansing, MI | October 31, 2013

The Volvo S40 just seems to have everything it needs. It is comfortable, easy to drive, zippy, looks great and has all the right bells and whistles. What more could I need? A long run!! Say a couple hundred thousand miles? Dependability!

It's good so far

by Mdot from Alexandria, VA | September 25, 2013

I've recently purchased a Volvo s40. It's been a good car so far. It's very stylish in the inside and on the outside. I was kinda discouraged that it didn't have mats in it, but still a nice car so far.

Not a Mom car

by Graduated mom of 5 from cincinnati | December 22, 2010

I have owned all american made cars. I test drove this car and I fell in love. It has pick-up and go, handles like a sports car, and feels like a luxury sedan. The price was great. Compared Mercedes and BMWs and found this to be the best fit. I love the curtain air-bags, I feel completely safe. BEST CAR EVER!!!

Volvo S40 great base car

by little tree from Wayne, PA | January 31, 2010

I recently drove the 2010 volvo S40 though I was looking for the S40 T5 AWD I found the base model to handle exceptionally well. The interior was well styled though I felt certain options should be standard like a moonroof in a premium vehicle. The suspension was a big a surprise as I never thought the base model would be a performer. The engine was a bit underpowered to to my liking (probably since its missing a cylinder odd volvo 5 cylinder engines) hence why I was looking for the T5. Turbo cars seldom have a high reliability rating since the turbos comfort level has to be met for optimum driving or you'll have many trips to the shop (hello Audi are you fixed yet). If you're not looking to break the sound barrier and want a exceptionally good handling point A to B car with great styling then this is a good choice. If your tall you may find the drivers seat on the snug side. I'm 5'7" and I felt like it was molded to my body when i closed the door.

fun car

by donald from buffalo ny | November 20, 2009

bought the car for my wife- I like driving it and the styling is very nice-very eye catching. We live in the city and the power is more than adequate-my wife actually got a speeding ticket 2 weeks after she got the car. back seat is tight but o.k. trunk is great and the styling in/out is very nice.