2001 Volvo S60

2001 Volvo S60
Available in 4 styles:  2001 Volvo S60 4dr Sedan shown

21 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Fun to drive and reliable.

by jlazc from GA/AL | October 30, 2013

I bought my 2001 S-60 at a dealer auction 4 years ago (in 2009) and planned to re-sell and make a few bucks. After driving it around for a few weeks, I decided it would become my daily commuter car and I still love the way it drives. It's reasonably quick, nimble, and has been very reliable. Other than replacing the CV axles and putting on new brake pads , I've only had to change the oil. I highly recommend this car and will continue to drive it as long as it hangs in there (no sign of slowing down) .....one more thing, I didn't even know that Volvo recommends premium gas until reading online today. I've been using regular gas for 4 years (50,000 miles) and the car performs nicely. No pings, no pops, and no problems. I average about 25 mpg and I will never be accused of babying the machine; just for grins I may try a tank of premium and see if I can tell a difference, but I highly doubt I will.

not a bad buy

by joey from n.h. | April 6, 2013

I had to replace the Jeep that I love, found a low mileage 2001 S60 and found a new love. I would absolutely recommend this car

Jordy

by Jordy from Georgia | March 6, 2011

Most reliable car I've ever owned. The car is in perfect conditions and it's a plesure to drive my Volvo S40 Sedan back & forward to work.

S60 Built to Die

by DanS60Owner from New York, NY | February 13, 2011

So, in the early 70s - cars were built to rust away. This way you need to buy a new one every seven years. Now Volvo has introduced the failing electronic modular demise. I have a perfectly good looking 2001 S60 that is worthless due to all of its failing modular. Do I really need to replace a $700 dollar modular so automatically adjust my rear view mirror? But if not, the check engine light stays on.

It's a car with an auto-immune disease

by Better Believe It from VA | January 5, 2011

I was really looking forward to owning this car... If you like going to the mechanic every other month then this is the car for you. Where to begin in the last 4.5 years. Let's start with small things... 1). the driver's seat catching on fire 2). the hazard lights spontaneously flashing when the car's unlocked 3).pieces of metal from the sunroof falling off smacking me in the head while driving 4). lights being replaced every four months - mechanics at dealership stated this was "normal". 5). other random acts of kindness from this car...battery drainage, sometimes radio doesn't turn on or stations randomly change, buttons on steering wheel don't work, rear door sometimes spontaneously unlocks or...not, sometimes passenger window will not go up - yay! Now the big stuff.... 1). temperature gauge was faulty... blew up engine (thanks for insurance). 2). recent recall on fuel pump/hoses This car was fully inspected by trusted auto mechanic upon purchase. And was purchased with 55K, all parts were original and it came with a clean Car-Fax. I've not even come close to the other issues ....Let's just say at the present time the car is in the shop. My opinion: Never Again!

Volvo S60 T5 a real winner, hands-down!

by Foreign Legion of Cars from Houston, TX | September 28, 2010

This isn't your mama's Volvo! The S60 T5 was Volvo's answer to the Autobahn-dominating cars around the turn of the past decade. As muscle became the primary factor in marketing the car makers' line-ups, Volvo's 250 hp T5 was a sleeper for its day. A redesigned, sensuous body put the Volvo marque in a different market than it had been accustomed to. The 5-cyl., 20 +mpg engine is super smooth and strong, the interior is well-thought out, with great visibility and ultra-comfortable seats. While the weak point on the car might be its steering and suspension, which feel a bit less responsive than what it should for a sport sedan. But neither will you be paying big bills for gas, insurance, or service. The T5, while high-performance, doesn't come with the big price to maintain them, as do the German marques. In short, a great car, especially for the price. 4-stars!!!!

Awesome Car

by Car Enthusiast from | January 7, 2009

Volvos are known for quality and reliability. This car handles great, looks great, and has high re-sale value. The S60 is a wonderful car to own.

VOLVO 2001 S60

by SHIFTY from FLORIDA | December 14, 2008

87-buick Lesavbre-junk-my daughter call the car hurman monster because it was always in the shop where I worked as a courier.Two Ford SUV'S 93&98 junk!!!

Featured Services for this Volvo S60