2002 Volvo S60

2002 Volvo S60

Available in 4 styles:  S60 4dr Sedan shown

21 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Best looking car I have owned

by Fan of the Volvo from Gastonia, NC | September 30, 2013

This was the car I was looking for and when I saw it I did not consider any other. In have owned other Volvos and I know what to expect from them. They are reliable with very little problems and will keep on running with proper care. This car is easy to handle rides smooth and has lots of power for interstate travel. This is a car that I would recommend to anyone who wants a midsize car, and it looks so good on the highway.

Super happy

by Volvo14 from Reading, PA | April 30, 2013

Just purchased a 2002 Volvo s60 with 27,404 original miles. Car drives like it is new. This is the second 2002 Volvo s60 we have owned. This first one was great and I do not expect anything else from this one.

must have been a lemon

by Big E from Mississippi | June 7, 2012

Bought this car with high miles (150,000+) what a mistake!!!! Issues with a/c, transmission (although I believe this to be related to sensors & such, not necessarily a rebuild issue) other than that we love this car, rides nice gets excellent gas mileage (30+) but nearest dealer is over 2hrs away. Hard to find a decent mechanic that u can trust. If I had a mulligan I would definitely use it so I could buy a different car!!!!!!!

by Sushi from Tigard, Or | January 24, 2011

I've had this car for 5 years, I bought it used at 80k miles. I am currently at 130k and its still running great. I have been in a few accidents... one where I watched my bumper fly over the front of my car into the car I was being slammed into. In the end my daughter was safe and although we couldn't drive away it was still not totaled. This car is amazing, drives wonderfully, keeps my family super safe, looks great and keeps my bum super warm... Oh and the trunk space is AWESOME!! I'm thinking about trading it in for the XC90 but still not sure... it's just such a great car.

GREAT CAR - EVEN WITH HIGH MILES!

by Volvochic777 from Fort Wayne, IN | December 28, 2010

I bought this car with 123,000 miles from a used dealer. It was not well taken care of by previous owners so I had to put about $2000 worth of work into it. The Volvo dealership did NOTHING for me so I had to outsource to a certified German car mechanic. My car came back running PERFECTLY! At 143,000 miles it is still going strong!! The electrical system such as door locks, windows, and headlights seem to have issues but it is an easy fix with my mechanic. VERY reliable for the price!!

Have had to repair to many times

by Works hard for her money. from Desoto, MO | September 29, 2010

I purchased my Volvo from my mother who sold it to me at a fair price, since then I could have just made a new car purchase without having to leave it in a shop for repairs. Not only does it cost alot to repair, the dealership just thinks you should expect that kind of cost when owning this vehicle. At the moment at 122000 miles the transmission is out and I have had to wait forever to get one. Volvo has recieced an email from me about this and will not assist in the repair. I will not purchase another one.

enjoyable all around

by for the love of my car from Zanesville, Ohio | September 23, 2010

My Volvo s60 has been great. It’s very comfortable to drive, has a great ride and every accesory I'd need and then some. When I want to enjoy driving (a little faster than normally) the turbo provides a great boost of speed that reminds me my car is about more than comfort. I have been an Acura fan in the past and like this car just as much, maybe even a bit more.

Definitely Recommend

by BostonDan from Boston, MA | May 14, 2009

Bought the car certified pre owned from Volvo at 52k. I have 105k on it now and still love the car. The AWD is helpful for winter in New England. Seats are incredibly comfortable. Looks great and gets great gas mileage (I get just under 25 MPG combined). I've just had some expensive repairs (new brakes, timing belt) at 100k, but I'm expecting the car to go for at least 200k so it's worth the investment. Surprisingly good sound system, too.

2002 Volvo S60 2.4T

by Brand New Volvo Lover from Philadelphia | February 3, 2009

Before purchasing this car I test drove every luxury vehicle, I wasn't all that impressed. Until I test drove this car, I feel madly in love with everything about it! Of course, it has all the upgrades! Really, I don't think I could ever be this impressed with one car..Volvo S60! Each day, this car makes me so happy. I don't know if I could ever drive another car and be this excited. There are NO cars that can even come close in beauty, luxurious comfort, safety, very low gas mileage, great pick up, quiet/smooth drive and the heated leather seats are breath taking! My auto insurance actually went down and I've always driven foreign cars!

Frequent and expensive repairs

by Navy Guy and Car nut from Virginia Beach, VA | March 7, 2008

Without fail, every time I have taken my 2002 S60 2.4T in to my dealer for service, I have come out with at least a $500 bill. (My dealer's in Virginia Beach) Something always needs to be repaired, replaced, or fixed. Gas mileage is good, interior is nice, and performance is excellent with the turbo, but the continued cost of ownership is just too high for me to recommend this car to a friend.

Featured Services for this Volvo S60