See Also: 2004 Volvo S80

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Wonderfully fun to drive

by Scott from Washington, PA | November 15, 2013

I own a C70 convertible so when it came time to replace an older car the natural selection was Volvo. We needed more seating and more trunk space and the S60 provides both of these. An added plus is the fact that this is an R series which means Wow when you hit the accelerator!!! The R series also has an electronic suspension which is fun to say the least and the seating, well if you've ever owned one you know what I mean...I am well pleased with the car; but I wish I could say the same about the dealer I purchased it from.

One for the road!!!

by Raquel from Edwards Air Force Base | March 30, 2013

Would recommend my S60 2.5T all the way around! Its everything & more to me. I'm always looking for safety then economic, & if there's room for looks & comfort left over those are the perks! This is the one for the road! safety is top of the line ~ I did my research, the gas is great for long or short trips if your not a lead foot( i'm a cruise control gal)...the ride is so smooth & the looks is outstanding! WOW LOVE,LOVE,LOVE This car

# 8 and still loving Volvo

by Volvo Enthusiast from North Palm Beach, FL | December 22, 2012

I bought my 8th Volvo, a 2004 S60 with 89,000 miles. I love the lumbar seats, the way it handles and even though it's 8 years old it is still a sharp looking car. The turning radius is not as sharp as others I've owned but still pretty tight. The leather seats look like brand new and the premium sound system is excellent. I've owned a 140, 240, 70, V70, S60, S80 and the S60 is my favorite. Find a local mechanic(non-dealership) and you'll pay a bit more than other brands but in my book it's money well spent for a great car!

I'll have another please!

by Orchidgal from Lexington, Ky | September 1, 2012

Ordinarily I wouldn't have purchased a car of this age, but it had less than 58,000miles on it, was priced really well, and the interior looked like it hadn't been used. Well worth the money, and will buy another Volvo as my next vehicle-IF this one ever needs replacing. I love it!

Best Volvo I've Ever Owned! S60 2.5T AWD

by CO Volvo Lover from Denver, CO | October 26, 2011

This is my second Volvo - my first was a '91 240 wagon. I found out what I liked about Volvos from owning that car, and also what I didn't care for. This car remedies all those concerns (almost no power, spartan amenities, terrible engine and road noise), while maintaining that classic, classy, Volvo style, reliability, and exclusivity. It's rare that I see another one exactly like mine on the road. I bought it used with 125K miles on it, because I could tell that the previous owner took good care of it and treated it like the European performance sedan it's supposed to be. Of course, replacement parts aren't cheap, but then, this isn't an econobox. And that's why I like it! Being able to bound up the mountains and pass cars with V6s and big burly SUVs while not worrying at all about the snow with my AWD system is what I LIVE for! This car is fun in the twisties, but it's just as happy in the city. I've never had any reliability issues - I am sure it is mostly due to the fact that I and the previous owner take care of the car and spend the little money up front to avoid big problems. It really performs - the only time I've ever wanted more power was when I was out for a club driving day with some S60 R's. I bought the car on a snowy day last year and can't wait for the weather to get nasty again so I can drive it normal speeds on the highway and mystify my fellow drivers with the confidence-inspiring plantedness of the car.

2004 Volvo S60 AWD

by Jeff from California | May 4, 2011

Very powerful car. Outstanding internal and external quality. Stylish. Enjoyable to drive on windy roads snaking up or down the mountains. Very roomy. Two down sides: 1) It it has horrible angle to park. It makes you look like a new driver. 2) You feel all the possible bumps on the road. Very stiff suspension even when it's set on 'comfort' mode. I still think it's one of the best cars out there. I enjoy driving it everyday.

181,000 miles and still going strong

by Love my volvo from | April 3, 2011

I bought this car new in 2004 and just went over 181,000 miles. I have had a few minor issues over the years but the car still runs great and is great condition. I plan on driving this car well over 200k miles. I am having some electrical issues (drivers window and possible passenger window moters not working correctly) but I'll get them fixed and move on. I am not sure I like the new S60 but will test drive it before I buy a new car.

Worst car I have ever owned

by Foremer S60 owner from Massachusetts | January 4, 2011

I owned this car for 5 years and had 76k miles on it. There were problems with it from the beginning but they were minor. From about 40k miles on they were major. In the last year and a half of ownership, I wound up putting a little over $8,000 into it. Volvo USA does not back up their product. The style and performance of the car was fine, however it is a complete disaster for reliability. I have previously owned about 17-20 cars in my lifetime from American to European to Japanese and this was by far the most unreliable. The camshaft, angle gear, both front half drive shafts, numerous suspension components, bearings and the radio never worked right. I have discussed with relatives, neighbors and friends who have owned volvos and they all seem to have some reliability issues. J.D. Power has really missed the boat on this one.

Great car!

by snoop from orlando | December 12, 2010

In the past I had been a Toyota person, however when my son need a car I bought an older Volvo. I really fell in love with the car even thought it was somewhat problematic at times - usually minor quirky things. When I needed a car I bought the newer s60 about a year ago and so far I think this may be the best car I have ever owned. The only complaint I have is that if you are tall it is a little snug and may take some getting used to.

S60R - Best sports car ever!

by Volvo lover from | November 15, 2010

Good power vs. comfort. I tried the Subaru GTI, good power, but not comfortable. The S60R has both, 300HP!! and luxury interior.

Featured Services for this Volvo S60