2009 Volvo S60

Available in 5 styles:  2009 Volvo S60 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

very comfortable.

by ike from new york | May 1, 2014

just driving around with the volvo s60 is just fine, yea ts not the biggest car the volvo s80 is bigger but we are talking about the s60 good performance drives smoothly and no noise, the est thing is you can have it for 20 years and it will drive the same good,

The safest family car

by VOLVOfreak7553 from Augusta,GA | July 26, 2013

It was a great car, it lasts 20 years for sure. Its Very safe. It also has great engine performance with a 5 cylinder engine. Looks very sporty, and unlike most sporty cars it fits kids in the back seat!

Kid Review

by Z from Edina, MN | June 29, 2012

My parents think this is a "fancy" car. The back seat is very cramped and to fold the back seat, you have to go into the trunk and pull something. The backup sensor works fine for my parents. The armrest in the back seat is designed to hold different size cups. It also has a small "secret" compartment to put things. My sister puts her Nintendo DS there. Overall it's ok if the person in the driver or front passenger seat doesn't put the seat all the way back like my dad does.

Very Good Car (Rebuilt Title)

by D from IL | October 13, 2011

We bought this car (post-rebuild) as a "family upgrade" since my eclipse wasn't exactly carseat friendly. It has been a fantastic car, so far. As the title mentions, the only issues we've had have appeared to be directly related to the rebuild. It drives wonderfully, although seems to handle a little worse in the rain and wind than I expected. More specifically, it feels like the tires grab the road less than, for example, my eclipse did. The acceleration from the turbo is phenomenal and exceeded my expectations. I truly didn't know what to expect from a 2.5L turbo and am very happy with this discovery. The Dolby system produces great sound. The auto-dimming mirror is a very nice feature. The seats are very comfortable even on long drives. The rear headrest, flip-down feature is awesome for expanded visibility. Good sized trunk with 60/40 rear seat fold down feature is great although most likely not able to be used when you would need it, i.e. traveling with 3-4 people.

Continued Volvo Customer

by Sports Sedan Enthusiast from Indianapolis | March 11, 2011

We have owned Volvos since 1994 and love their styling, performance, reliability and comfort. The S60 2.5T is the best we have owned. I am 6 foot 7 inches tall and the seats are extremely comfortable and room for the driver is perfectly suited for long trips. It's the only vehicle I have ever owned tha I can drive 500 miles and not feel tired after arriving at my destination. I am a tech geek and enjoy the technology built into our new Volvo. My wife was very specific that she wanted a new Volvo even though we looked at Infinity G35, Cadillac CTS, BMW, Lincoln MKS, Acura TS and Audi. Since she drives the Volvo most of the time I had to go with her wishes. It's a fun car to drive.

Just Some Minor Flaws

by KndlPWendl from Louisville, KY | February 5, 2011

Fabulous car...Just a few things to be aware of: Has a large turning radius...many times have to back up because I can't make a tight enough turn in driveway, parking spot, etc. No trunk button in the cabin...have to use remote. Windshield wiper lever is in the way of the ignition...I'm constantly accidentally turning them on when turing the car off. Cruise control is in poor location on steering wheel... unintentionally turn it off when driving. There is some issue with the "immobolizer" (Google it). However, mine has always started on the 2nd try. Still, small inconveniences when compared to the pleasures of driving this car. Even if I knew these things, I would have stilll bought it.

My "Chinees" Car ?

by Edze from Enschede, The Netherlands | December 26, 2009

Since nov 3rd I (69) own the about latest build S60 125 kw automatic on 17" tires. (2009 drivers edition) A no-nonsens car from solid builders. Not for glamour, just for safe and nice driving in excellent comfortable seats. Towing a caravan with my former S60 (2006 edition2 16") through Europe was under all circumstances (up hill, small- and high ways)a pleasure with the cruise control. R.p.m. abt 1700-4000. The wheels of 16" are more comfortable, but with the 17 inches you can nearly go on te corner with a 90 degree hook....! Edze from The Netherlands EU

love this car

by wozjo from maryland | October 14, 2009

great car best I have had in a long time drives like a dream good on gas getting 26 mpg. only thing i dont like is the turning radus .the seats are good for long trips.Looking forward to see the new one in 2011.

Comfortable, Powerful, Refined...and Safe

by A driver in Germany from Germany | June 9, 2009

Had mine for about 2 weeks...already have 1700 miles on it! Picked it up at the factory in Sweden and drove it to my current home in Germany. The car is very comfortable, perfect for road trips. The ride is smooth, but a little too cush...I just feel less connected to the road than when I drive my Audi A4. I'm still not really used to the speed sensative steering...that combined with the very large turning radius and the relatively poor cornering ability made me rate the handling at just 3 stars. I still think it's a great price, a great looking and, with a 208hp engine, a very powerful car. Interior design is good, but the storage up front is a bit spartan. No place for coins...just a small slot near the radio and a pouch in each front seat. The trunk is huge. And since this is replacing my 1997 Saturn SL1, it's a vast change. Overall, a great car.