2011 Volvo S60

18 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Super car

by Ember Black from St Louis, MO | September 12, 2013

I have had my S60 for about a month now. I cant find anything I don't like. I guess if I had to complain, the gas mileage is not as good as my old Volvo. But the power is great. The T6 is the way to go. There is never a time when there is not enough power. Passing, on ramps, showing off, all effortless. Oh, and the safety features are amazing. All the warnings if cross a lane or auto-brake if going to crash into something. Really great features that make it even more safe than previous models. It is so smooth and comfortable also.

My fifth Volvo--possibly the best

by RicJol from Lancaster, PA | July 2, 2013

too early for long term info, but based upon first impressions, this '11 S60 T6 is one of the nicest Volvos I have ever owned. Only one downside: the noisy Continental tires that came with the car. They will be replaced ASAP.

Great car!

by Rothana from Deland, FL | April 7, 2013

This is my 3rd Volvo. I owned a 1990 240 DL, a first generation 2001 S60 and now this one. This is easily the best of the 3. Great performance from the T6 engine and good handling as well (for a Volvo). It still won't match the handling of the BMW 3-series or the Audi A4 but the crash ratings show that it is still a much safer car. I also prefer the elegant and refined interior to its much busier German counterparts. Best front seats in the industry, VERY comfortable. I would definitely recommend this car to those seeking an alternative to German or the Japanese-Euro imitators (Lexus, Acura).

nice car but no room

by big guy from Indiana | December 4, 2012

the Volvo got rave reviews....so I bought one....10 months later, am glad to go back to a Toyota...the engine had a growly noise...the cockpit was cramped and impossible for 4 adults to go any distance,,,at 12 cubic feet, the trunk is smallest in class, and no spare tire offered as standard equipment..The technology package was not user friendly..my first and last Volvo.

Safest car on the road

by Kickdown-169 from Germany | September 11, 2012

We have several Volvos, S60 I, S40 I, V50. The new S60 is the safest car on the road (newest ratings), the adaptive cruise control is great, the engine is awesome, specially with the polestar-tuning. The car now has 30000 mls on the odometer, never had a problem. We love the Volvo!

great car

by kd from ridgway, co | April 30, 2012

great car we found on cars.com. got a good deal and the dealer was great too. would use this site again if necessary

best car of 2011

by gg from | August 4, 2011

I rented one of these cars and that whole that I had it, everybody I knew wanted to see how smooth it drove. Sound system is very good. Cruise control is the best, and the best thing about it is that it connects to your Bluetooth on your phone and plays every song that you have on it. Sounds like a concert in the car. Best car of 2011 I have seen so far.

A Triumph!

by s60exy from Elmira, NY | November 21, 2010

It was between three vehicles: 2011 Volvo S60, '11 Volvo XC60, '11 Audi A4. It boiled down to the best deal. All three are stellar. The XC was actually what attracted me to Volvo, but the extra room, although nice is not a necessity without having children or the need to transport more than a couple of passengers at a time. I would have opted for the gigantic panoramic sunroof offered in the much larger XC60 crossover, but enjoy the open air alloted by my S60's smaller tilt-and-slide one- touch sunroof. The better bargain considering standard features and more affordable options offered may have been the Audi, but the sexiness of the brand new Volvo S60's design, coupled with a fair price lured me in. I love the following traits the most: safety features, styling, roominess, handling, supreme comfort, easy of operation, quality materials, AWD/4WD system, exclusiveness and color choices inside and out. What I least like: Inflated cost of options, a higher than expected base price, expensive packages, a less intuitive navigation system (costly, too!) and "to be expected" blind sports with such a sleek and stealthy vehicle. However, there are all sorts of extras that help with backing up, switching lanes and parking. This minor grip should not constitute a reason not to purchase or lease this highly functional, powerful and comfortable all-weather luxury-sports sedan that is a head turner for sure! I am most pleased.