2012 Volvo S60

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Volvo S60 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Best Value - Fast safe reliable ride

by CaliDude from Los Angeles, CA | May 16, 2014

This is not your dad's old volvo. Now have 39k on the ODO and the sweede is finally broken in. Average 27-28 mpg combined, 33 on long trips driving 80mph+. Drives great. Accelerates with authority. The turbo kicks the pants of most cars without the cost at the pump. Interior is well designed - best front seats in the business. Extremely reliable even though I abuse the heck out of it. Fun to drive. Very good handling and road handling - stops quick. Good navi - better than iPhone. everything works as it should. Sweedes know how to design cars. First of many volvos I will own

Great car!!

by Baba from Westchester | November 29, 2013

I bought the 2012 S 60 in June of 2012 after thinking between others and Volvo. I had Q 5 which is a great car but need second car for daily commute.Made the right decision. Bought that from NJ dealer. Sales person is fantastic. No pressures. Bought it and so far no regrets. Safety, reliability and service. All are great. Its not 3 series but its 3 G less and almost perform well. Need no premium gas. Which is a plus. Will just recommend to go test drive before thinking of getting any car. I will get aother S 60 if I have to!!

Best Volvo I have owned

by Faithful Volvo Driver from Menlo Park CA | November 27, 2013

I love everything about this car. It does everything I wanted. Lots more power than my older car. Redesign is great.

All services included!

by Happy owner from Beautiful San Diego | October 21, 2013

Purchased Volvo S60 T5 in 2011 (2012 MY). Great car. I test drove about 20 competing sedans before deciding. The Volvo was definitely the quietest ride. The interior is good and comfortable...and the warranty and service (5/50K all included) can't be beat. The only serious competitors in this class were Lexus and Jaguar XF at nearly $20K more.

Love - Hate

by never again from chicago | October 18, 2013

I have had my 2012 S60 T6 for about 18 months now and until about 2 months ago I loved it. I will say it has the most comfortable seats, gets decent MPGs, and the tech features of the car are great. Mechanically speaking this car is the best out there, overlay that with a weak electrical system and the car is a piece of garbage. I have had issues with the car starting on way to many occasions for a new car, took it to the dealer and had the entire electrical system replaced - the car has not been the same since then. It is basically in the shop once a week and now has a tendency to only run on 4 cylinders due to multiple reasons every time it is taken in (i.e. running in "power save" mode, air bag system failure, the list goes on and on). I am waiting for a decent run on it without any issues and will be trading it in and going with my second choice.

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

by andy from INDIA | July 30, 2013

I OWN A VOLVO S60 WHICH IS THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT HAS A POOR MILEAGE,POOR TYRES, POOR PERFORMANCE OVERALL. I HAVE SPENT RS.200000.00($4000) ON THIS BOGUS CAR SINCE I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO EVEN MY ENEMY.

Highly Recommended

by Car Wonk from SoCal | March 14, 2013

No question - the best value in Euro luxury. Compared side to side with the Germans, this finishes above two. Bimmer has a true competitor for the next generation. This car has got them on safety, shear practicality and overall value. It's a sad state of affairs when the average buyer looks for the marque rather than the reality.

Zero Issues - Impeccable Ride

by ckHNL from Baltimore | February 25, 2013

New Volvo driver - just hit 10k - This auto has a smooth ride and enough umph with the T5. Interior is sharp with aerodynamic styling and the optional 2 tone surfaces. HIGH QUALITY materials - fit & finish beats BMW by a mile ...Seats are super supportive with excellent lumbar - I am 6' 1" Do mainly highway driving and get a good 33 MPH. A few compaints here regarding the infotainment system - these are unwarranted - Logical layout and super simple to figure out - perhaps a mature commentator or 2 on this issue (?!) Only drawbacks are the lack of chrome exhaust tips (this was adressed w/ the 2013 models w/ this being standard) ALSO not as quiet in the cabin as I would have hoped for - but ths may be that I am mainly driving at high speeds on the highway ...I am inclined to get a replacement after lease is up on this one ABSOLUTELY no issues - only maintainance is the 7500 mile synthetic oil change I had service for

***AWESOME****

by Flipper from St Petersburg, Fl | February 14, 2013

We purchased this vehicle after driving every model from Mercedes to Ford. My wife had no positive response to any vehicle she drove even the ones I trented for weekends for her to try out. When she got into the drivers seat and felt the Orthopedic designed supportive seats the journey began. Moments later we were testing the "City Safety" auto stop feature, her reaction again was all smiles. Once she got behind the steering wheel and hit the gas, it was all giggles and more smiles. 5 months later she still smiles and giggles every time she gets behind the wheel of her Volvo S60. This car rides as smooth as a high end Luxury car, has the performance of an expensive sports car, and has the durability to be the only vehicle on the road with almost 3,000,000 miles, The dealership made the car buying process as pleasant as possible. The knowledge of every person on the staff was extremely impressive. Every step of the way every option was explained thoroughly and expertly. The fact that it is a Volvo dealership is evident by the lack of pressure interest in pairing the right car to our needs and the teamwork displayed by all the salespeople and managers working together as a team. I would and definitely do reffer all my friends and family to Volvo without hesitation or reservation. I know they will be pleasantly surprised with the best Car buying experience ever, the best driving, performing, and safest cars made. P.S. We went back 2 months later and bought another volvo! Again Volvo surpassed all of expectations and made it the best buying experience ever. Volvo 4 Life

BEST VALUE FOR PRICE...PERIOD!!

by VOLVO LOVER!!! from Washington, DC | January 17, 2013

My wife and I review several low-luxury cars for around 40k or less. Audi, Lexus, Benz, Lincoln. It turned out that either they were not worth the asking price or the basic features couldnt compare to the volvo s60. My wife loves the volvo and feels completely safe with no worries.