2012 Volvo S60
Starting MSRP $31,300–$42,950
After taking a year off, Volvo's five-seat S60 luxury sedan returned in redesigned form for 2011. Along with all-new exterior and interior styling, the S60 featured a new 300-horsepower, turbocharged six-cylinder and all-wheel drive. Competitors include the Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G37 and Acura TL.
New for 2012
The S60 came only as the all-wheel-drive T6 for 2011. For 2012, Volvo adds a base front-drive T5 model with a turbocharged 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine with 250 hp, plus a T6 R-Design model with all-wheel drive and a 325-hp, turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder.
The redesigned S60 was the latest Volvo to distance the brand from its boxy designs of old. Overall, the S60's compact stance, flowing lines and low roofline make for a stylish luxury car. Exterior features include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels standard
- Available 18-inch rims
- Available moonroof
- Available adaptive xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
The S60 has room for five on front bucket seats and a 60/40-split folding backseat. Fabric upholstery is standard and leather seats are available. The front passenger seat folds flat to make it easier to carry long items. The S60 also features Volvo's floating center control panel that can be finished in aluminum or wood. Interior features include:
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Standard CD stereo with an auxiliary jack
- Standard Bluetooth with streaming audio
- Standard satellite radio
- Available embossed sport seats and blue instrumentation (R-Design)
Under the Hood
At launch, the S60 was powered only by a 300-hp, turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder. This year, the new T5 model uses a 250-hp, turbocharged 2.5-liter five-cylinder, and the T6 R-Design gets a 325-hp, turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder. Mechanical features include:
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Optional Four-C adaptive suspension
City Safety, Volvo's system designed to lessen the severity or prevent altogether a rear-end collision with another vehicle, is standard.
Along the same lines as City Safety is the optional Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake, which warns the driver of an impending rear-end collision and can automatically brake the car. Optional Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake can automatically brake the car to avoid hitting a pedestrian when traveling at low speeds. Additional options include Lane Departure Warning, a blind spot monitoring system and a backup camera. Standard safety features include:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Active front head restraints
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Volvo S60
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.