2013 Volvo S60

Starting MSRP

Overall

S-60 (2013) lacks driver/passenger-friendly stuff

by tsaddik from CA | September 3, 2014

The S60 (I believe 2015's are much improved) has too "bouncy"/and rough a ride, though it feels solid. There are some little features missing - like cooled seats (heated is not what we need in southern calif), electric tilt/telescope steering wheel, better seat adjustments. Runs fine; but this is just not a luxury vehicle - for the price the "loaded" model isn't enough.

Great ride

by Hashmd from Central Valley, CA | December 24, 2013

I have 16,000 miles in 11 months in this car. I now look forward to long drives in it. 10 hours to Vegas, no problem. Quiet interior, TREMENDOUS seats that do not make you feel beat up after a long ride. The month after I bought it, my wife was 6 hours away taking my daughter to visit colleges. Wife called at 10PM-"I forgot my medicines!" Jumped in car and drove to L.A. Could only sleep 2 hours, then had to go back to go to work. That trip alone sold me on the comfort of this car! T5 FWD is more than enough power. Save money, go without the Nav. I use my smartphone, bluetooth it to the stereo. Then I play my own music, or Pandora, etc. and use Google Maps or Apple Maps to guide me. Never get distracted by staring at a screen looking for the next turn!

S60R

by K-pax Volvo from Myrtle Beach, S.C. | November 2, 2013

I have probably the only car of this kind that is street legal in the US as i am sure other ones are in the making. It is the S60R platinum GT6, aka as K-pax racing volvo. For the ones who don't know, K-pax is Volvo's Racing division and the kit can only be installed by authorized dealers which there are only a few in the States. My Volvo has the street legal version of the racing kit (wheels, tires, brakes, rotors, suspension, air intake, exhaust etc..) which means that has an increased HP from the baseline of 325 and A LOT of Torque, also increased from the baseline. So much indeed that the mustang ROUSH has nothing on it (as tested). This car is a pleasure to drive and the best Volvo I've ever owned. It is autographed by Randy Pobst and Alex Fidge, the two current Race car drivers that race the Track Version of K-pax S60R Volvo. The roaring exhaust makes the car notable but handling a speed makes me love it!

A Step Up

by AKAWD from Anchorage, Alaska | November 1, 2013

My first Volvo and I was a little scared about durability, reliability being a problem in such an inhospitable place. This is a step up from the regular Subaru models I get and I am supremely impressed. The S60 is extremely comfortable, ergonomic and has proven reliable over the past year. The AWD is as good or better than Subaru's system but I suspect AWD doesn't vary much when you get down to it. I never would have thought of Volvo as something I would really enjoy but as it turns out, I love it!

my 6th volvo

by old fogey from PA | August 26, 2013

the 1st was a sedan and the next 4 were wagons. obviously I like Volvos, but this one is especially sporty. The only drawback - no spare tire.

Not the boring Volvo of the past

by Sue T from Danville, PA | July 23, 2013

At first I was resistant to step from a BMW 325i into any other car. The Volvo AWD took any hesitation away. This car is fun to drive and handles like a dream. I got the Platinum package + Technology package... LOVE IT!!! The Blind Spot system is wonderful to have on long trips. Navigation can be completed with voice so I can keep my hands on the wheel when I get lost (always!). Car is stylish and the dealership was great to deal with finding what I needed. Not my momma's Volvo!!

S60 T5 experience

by First Time Volvo Buyer from Washington State | July 3, 2013

Although reliability is questionable after having the car for less than a month, car should yield good reliability from past history of company. Very comfortable cabin, with quiet operating. Creature comforts are adequate, but lack small cubbies for glasses and other personal items normally offered in other vehicles.

Excellent evolution of S60

by Volvo4 from Northwest NJ | June 3, 2013

This is my fourth Volvo and second S60. This model is more refined, has more power, and is very stylish. It has the amenities that you would expect from a car in this range and it was a good value. I have had the car for a month and have had no problems. I purchased the T5 w/ AWD even though I didn't want to give up the gas mileage The T5 is plenty peppy so basically, I am pleased with my choice.

A lot of car for the money

by Kanadakid from Milford, NJ | March 10, 2013

I really had my choice of any car i wanted. I had no pre conceived ideas about what I wanted. The Audi A4 and A 5 offered nothing. Thought the car was small cramped and lackluster. I liked the top of the live VW Passat TDI more than the Audi. I drove the BMW 328 and 535. I liked the 328 better than the 535. It was a fun car to drive and really was my second choice. Cadilac and Mercedes also didn't do much for me. The Volvo immediately appealed to all my senses. It was very comfortable, quiet, smart styling, tons of features and saftey beyond compare. The car has great throttle response and feels nailed to the road. Can't speak to it's reliability as I have only owned ot for a month. from my perspective this car puts it all together better than any other car in it's class. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Solid Performer, Beautiful Styling

by JerrySC from Charleston SC | February 6, 2013

The T5 has more than enough power for the average driver. Acceleration is brisk and handling is very good. The engine is eager and surprisingly good on gas (30MPG Highway). The ride is stable and comfortable. The interior is quiet, although there is some minor wind noise caused by the exterior mirrors above 60 MPH. Fit and finish on this vehicle, inside and out, is on par with Lexus. The City Safe system has been unobtrusive. Controls are simple, well placed and intuitive. All in all the car is a good value. Predicted reliability is noteworthy on this model. Many newer cars are foregoing a spare tire and this one has followed suit. (Corvettes have done so for more than a decade.) An electric tire pump and a can of puncture sealer is provided. Even in the event of a sidewall puncture, with 4-year free roadside assistance this shouldn't be a detraction. All in all, a great car for the money.