The Volvo S60 is a five-seat luxury sedan that goes toe-to-toe with the BMW 3 Series, Acura TL and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The 2014 S60's mild refresh includes smoother front styling and new interior features. The S60 is available in front-or all-wheel drive with turbocharged five- and six-cylinder engines.
New for 2014
Volvo smoothens the S60's front styling for 2014 while the inside has a new dashboard and upholstery options plus available sports seats. Other changes to the exterior include new wheel designs and LED accents on the taillights.
ExteriorIt may take a second glance to notice what's changed, but the S60's already sleek appearance is smoother with the relocation of the daytime running lamps, new headlight design and hidden windshield washer nozzles. The grille is also wider for 2014 and uses less chrome surround. Exterior features include:
- Integrated tailpipes
- New wheel designs
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Available 18- and 19-inch wheels
- Available heated windshield
InteriorThe S60 seats five occupants and gains an available configurable digital gauge cluster for 2014 that replaces a standard tachometer and speedometer. It's standard on T6 trim levels and is optional on T5 trim levels. Available display choices include a traditional appearance, eco theme with eco meter and green background as well as a performance theme with red background.
Other new technology includes a Sensus Connected Touch multimedia system with 7-inch display. Sensus receives an internet connection from a wireless card or mobile phone to power apps like internet radio, weather and a web browser. The inside also has newly available upholstery colors, a new headliner and authentic wood inlays.
- Available sports seats
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available multimedia system with in-car apps and internet connectivity
- Available paddle shifters
Under the HoodThe base S60 T5 is powered by a standard five-cylinder turbocharged engine making 250 horsepower paired with front-wheel drive and an automatic transmission. A more-powerful six-cylinder turbocharged engine is standard in T6 models making 300-hp or 325-hp in the T6 R-Design. All T6 trims have all-wheel drive. For 2014, Volvo decreases zero-to-60 mph times of T6 AWD models by .2 seconds with new transmission programming that shortens shifting times.
- Standard touring suspension (T5)
- Available dynamic suspension — sportier suspension (T6)
- Available sports suspension — sportiest suspension (T6 R-Design)
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel drive
- Available all-wheel drive
SafetyVolvo's City Safety technology is standard and includes a low-speed collision prevention feature that works at speeds up to 31 mph to automatically brake when a collision is detected. Safety features include:
- Standard collision warning
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Available pedestrian detection
- Available cyclist detection
- Available blind spot monitoring
- Available cross-traffic alert
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Volvo S60.