1998 Volvo S70

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Great Car 300K miles

by DOn the Mon from Cali | November 21, 2012

HAd my 98 s70 T5 since new. Just passed smog today with flying colors. 300k miles. I have not had any major issues at all, Regular maintaince like any care. Will buy another Vovo for sure when the wheels fall off this one!

Bad car

by Will from MN | November 2, 2012

This thing is the worst, its the worst volvo I have seen, it is not reliable at all. I can not depend on this car for even the simplest tasks like going to the grocers. It is not a good car, do not buy it.

1998 is the worst year for the S70 and V70

by Volvo Enthusiast from Atlanta, GA | June 9, 2012

The 1998 was the first and worst year for Volvo's S70 and V70. Lots and lots of maintenance and reliability problems. They solved most of the problems the next year, and the 2000 model was a great year. Avoid the 1998 70 models.

Excellent Car for Value and Performance

by Intermodal from Harrisburg, PA | April 9, 2012

Very fast, reliable and safe. With regular maintenance, this vehicle go far; I've reached 350,000 miles and it's still as quick to start and pass as when I bought it new.

My trustworthy Swede

by My Bjorn from Penna. | March 21, 2012

I purchased my 1998 S70 T-5 in 2006. Since that time it has been driven on long trips, short hops and just for fun down the highway. I have serious spine and back issues. The seats help to reduce the pain. My Bjorn moves me quickly into traffic and has never stranded me anywhere. Plenty of room for passengers and the trunk holds quite a bit. Visibility all around is very good. Plan to keep this car for a long, long time. Great value, great SAFETY. Volvo for life.

what a heap

by Janet from IN | March 8, 2012

Most unreliable car ever, this thing is in the shop constantly and has been nothing but trouble. It breaks down all the time and I do not recommend this car at all.

Most reliable car i've owned

by oreo Car from | June 22, 2011

nice car great to own good on gas last for a long time nice interior great car you must have and LOVE

Wow! Much better than I expected...

by RSpi from Little Rock, AR | February 28, 2011

We purchased the GLT model in the spring of 2009. I had no idea that the little turbo was so fast. I alway had a causion of turbo cars because I thought it was more to service, break, etc. but boy was I wrong. The car is so fun to drive it's a shame. I now view turbo's as a safety feature. We purchased the car for my daughter, she was about to graduate high school. Wanted to get something she could drive a few years. I like the car so much I purchased a simular model for myself. The car has the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever ridden in. It rides comfortable, pretty quite and good on gas. We have not had any real problems with it other than some maintenance that was neglicted. Once taken care of, the car has been fine. Common problems: Motor mounts and door panel material. Always replace your timing belt and PCV system. The good: Great brakes, gas milage, looks, comfort, motor reliability, spirited, safety.

The worst lemon ever!

by Joan from Atlanta | November 23, 2010

I bought this car, and very soon after I obtained it, the problems just just coming up. It was always something with this thing, absolutely the most unreliable hunk of junk I have ever seen. This volvo has caused me nothing but headaches and has cleaned out my wallet. If you are thinking of buying one, I would strongly urge you to look elsewhere

98 Volvo S70 Turbo T-5

by Big Mike from Moreno Valley Ca | September 10, 2010

Great car got it for a good price and it is a great running car, Volvo's tend to have electrical problems, wiring and fuses, but I haven't really experience that with this one except a headlamp issue, other than that a great buy if you get one that has been maintenanced regularly!!!

Featured Services for this Volvo S70