1999 Volvo S70

Available in 4 styles:  S70 4dr Sedan GLT shown

Overall

Volvo Rocks

by Volvo Lover from Loma Linda, CA | February 17, 2014

I had a volvo 760 about 10 yrs ago and after selling that one i've always wanted another. - Here i am with a 99 S70 GLT, with about 180K miles, (i've had this for about 2 years now) so far no major problems other than regular maintenance here and there. - - I've always done about 5K mile oil changes with synthetic oil. *** the special wrench for the oil filter is about $10 on amazon *** no need to go to the dealer for oil changes (30 mins. max) for the person that can handle a simple oil change. * so far im very satisfied with the car and its performance. * * One problem that i heard all S70's have is the squeeky dash and the trim on the inside of the doors comes unglued and it looks bad. other than that it's a nice car. Good Job VOLVO on a solid, safe, reliable car. ### By the looks of the car you dont know its as fast and responsive as it it. I almost got the T5. now i wish that i had even though that one requires premium gas.

Great Ride

by Ms. S from Orlando, FL | September 17, 2013

High-five for the Winter Park Volvo Service Guys. I love my Volvo S70 - 14 years old w/122,000 miles. The Winter Park Service Department keeps my car performing at its best. I get many, many wonderful comments from friends (and complete strangers in parking lots) about the outstanding appearance on my '99 car. Great paint job - great ride. I've even had offers from co-workers (mostly men) asking to let them know when I'm ready to sell it and buy my next Volvo.

T5 Volvo View

by Mr. G from Upper Marlboro, Md. | January 16, 2012

I am very pleased with my purchase. Although I have had have some pretty pricey service calls, when made, they have brought the car back to showroom quality! People have complimented me about the car on the road and at the pump, which is where I have been most pleased!!

304,000 Miles and Still Going

by European Car Enthusiast from Chicago,IL | October 30, 2011

I bought my 1999 Volvo S70 with 216,000 miles on it. I was a little weary about buying a car with so many miles but it felt like a sturdy well built vehicle. I currently still drive it and I have over 304,000 miles on it. I have put some money into it but mostly for maintenance.

Got mine used but still not bad so far

by Drew from Saint Louis, MO | March 29, 2010

I bought my 99 Volvo with 145,000 miles on it. 8,000 miles later it seems to have little or no issues out of the ordinary. Had to get an alignment but that's typical and from time to time is needed on all cars. It's my first foreign car and while I like it I am coming from a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS and the only features the Volvo has that I like that the Malibu didn't are heated seats and the stereo is nicer in the Volvo. Likes: The Volvo does have better seat adjustments which with my back makes it much nicer. The paint still looks good after 11 years but I would bet being the area the previous owner lived in the car was not parked outside much. It's a comfortable car for the money. Dislikes: Dash rattles when I hit a bump but it seems to be a common problem. Could use more power I'm used to a V6 in a car about the same size and the I-5 seems to be underpowered and doesn't get any better mileage. It get's about 25-26 avg (2.4L I-5 non-turbo auto) vs 28-30 in my Malibu (3.1L V6 auto).

Love Volvo Cars

by Car Freak from | March 20, 2010

I have volvo that has 202.500 miles on it and i love my car. Good thing I don't own a toyota or a Honda becuase they are garbage.

S70GLT

by Mike from ATL | April 21, 2009

I have to admit, I literally bought this car at the factory in Sweden (i'm military and was in Europe). I still have this car. It is now 11+ years old and has 183k on it. I have done very little maintenance on it that wasn't forecasted. I did have to replace the turbo at 130K, the front hub bearings went out at 51k (dealer still honored the 50K warranty), and I've done about $1200 in suspension work in the past year. But if you think about having a car for 11 years and this is the only real maintenance you've done, then it's a pretty good deal. The S80s are absolute dogs and I wouldn't trade mine for even the newest of models. It does go through light bulbs like nobody's business....even after having the recall work done it. And the leather on the doors separated early on and after 2 fixes, I gave up. Having said all that, if there is any car that you can buy for for under $5k and over 100k miles and expect to have it for a while, this is it. I will put 300K on mine easy.

A great and reliable car

by bigpouly from Nelson, New Hampshire | January 12, 2008

Bought the car used with high miles and have been nothing but very impressed. The S70 has been great for the commuting that I do, I have averaged about 30 mpg on highway. Also a great car for driving in adverse weather, rain or snow, this car has been great, the only down side is the price tag for repairs. But repairs have been few and far between. I recently drove the car cross-country and had absolutly no problems, which is great for a car with 200000+ miles!

Fast and Luxurious. Great Value!

by whatcomweb from Bellingham, WA | December 13, 2007

This is a great car. Very comfortable and luxorious. The price that these are selling for is a real steal compared to other luxury vehicles available.

money pit unreliable

by mgriff from FRedericksburg, VA | December 13, 2007

UNRELIABLE is an understatement. I bought the car used 5 weeks ago and I have driven one week total.

Featured Services for this Volvo S70