2000 Volvo S70

Available in 6 styles:  2000 Volvo S70 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Love this car!

by CincyMan from Cincinnati, Oh | February 16, 2013

I have wanted a Volvo since I was a kid. One of our neighbors had one and everyone thought he was the man! So I told myself that one day I was going to get one. And when I finally did I wasn't dissapointed. I like it a lot. It rides great, it looks nice and now our neighbors look at me with envy! They always say "I like your Volvo!" In reality it was purchased as an inexpensive second car, but it gets way more attention than my new Mazda 6!

Most dependable car I ever owned!!

by Babe from New York | October 21, 2012

Iam a proud original owner of a 2000 S70. I have 255,000 miles on her and she is still going strong. I am thankful for all of the Volvo service centers that have helped me keep my car in great running condition over the years. I have never broke down on the road and never had a flat tire in the twelve years that I have owned this car. The only thing wrong is some of the door panels have become un glued over time. And the driver seat has a busted seam. Everything else is perfect. I will never trade her in....She gets to stay in the family for life.

Best all around car I've owned

by ace4172 from bristol VA | September 11, 2012

I bought my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE in March 2012 with 125k on it. I have put nearly 17K miles on it so far and have only had to replace a tail light (3$) and a coil pack for cylinder 1 (50$). The car cleans up almost like new minus a few dings and scratches . Most people think it is a much newer model than a 2000. The interior is in great shape for a 5 year old car much less a 12 year old car . I get around 22MPG city and around 32 MPG HWY. Uses premium only , will have spark knock with regular. Oil changes are a dealership only affair since a special wrench is required to remove internal filter cap and the wrench costs 100$. However the oil change is surprisingly cheap for a Volvo dealership at 40$. Super smooth ride on the highway great trip car with a great sound system . Smooth shifting auto tranny even with turbo engaged. A/C has refrigerant leak and was informed it would be a pricy fix . I can get a can of freon for 30$ and will last nearly a month . I was surprised how some things on this car are very simple fixes , more so than any domestic . Engine compartment is clean neat and roomy compared to other sedans. At first I was intimidated by all the plastic covers which gave it a spaceship feel but once removed its a very practical layout. 5CYL engine has surprising pep w/o turbo and passing on the highway with turbo is down right addictive as my two speeding tickets in it will attest lol.I have owned several American sedans and the occasional Toyota or Honda but will never again buy anything but a Volvo . The total package of safety luxury performance value fun and looks cannot be beat for the price . Yes some repairs are costly but they will be few and far between with a responsible owner and regular maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone .

Great value vehicle

by Volvo man from Maryland | June 18, 2012

I purchased this vehicle new and watched my kids grow up in it, my son is 15, and my daughter is 11. The only thing I have done to this vehicle since I purchased it is faithful oil changes (only synthetic oil), brake job, a battery, and new tires. I have accumulated over 170,000.00 miles and the vehicle still drives like the first day I acquired it. I have other vehicles in the household, but this one is the reliable one. Long distance trips may get a bit tiring, but I like to see my instant MPG while on cruise control fluctuate between 38-42 MPG. I get around 450 miles from a full tank. Great vehicle.

Great Buy!

by Ken from Reading, PA | November 20, 2011

Purchased one owner with 53,000 miles on it. Love it! Love it! Love it! We have had 11 Volvos. Even though my wife has a 2011 S40, I prefer this S70. Not the greatest gas mileage but the performance makes up for it. Had to replace the ECM becasue the prior owner did not take advantage of the free recall. Other than that, perfect.

Used volvo s70 a good buy.

by Volvo S70 owner from Upstate NY | August 8, 2011

One of the best used cars I have owned. Most cars are falling apart by the time they are ten years old, not this car. Rides smooth, holding up well, fair gas mileage. Overall a good buy for a used vehicle.

Volvo S70 2000

by Swedes build em right from Phoenix | August 7, 2011

I love this car. It drives great and feels safe which is a selling point for Volvo. The only problem I have is that here in Arizona when it gets really hot the remote door locks get a lithe sticky.

I love this car!

by Mom Drives a Convertible! from San Antonio Texas | March 4, 2011

After driving mini-vans for 16 years, I was looking for a fun car. And the C70 fits the bill. I test-drove almost every kind of used convertible (Mustangs, Celicas, Solaras, etc.) Although my friends all warned me about buying a European car, there was nothing that could keep me from getting this C70 once I drove it. The top drops beneath a solid boot, eliminating so many problems that other convertibles have. And you have to love a convertible that's designed for the snow! Great traction, great interior, great Turbo. It's fun, and sporty, and it's a luxury car that I could afford. The only thing about it that I don't like is that it has really unacceptable cup holders, but I can live with that! It also is one of the only convertibles I drove that has a rear seat that two adults can fit into comfortably.

Best Car I have ever owned

by Reggie from Lexington, KY | November 22, 2010

I love my car. I have never considered getting a Volvo before because I felt that the routine maintenance would be too costly. It is probably a little higher, but with it being a used car it has been so dependable. Other than the scheduled maintenance, I have not had to do a thing. I am sold out on Volvos. I will never have another car other than a Volvo.

190,000 miles and counting

by bobeddy from Carmel CA | October 3, 2009

I've driven Volvos exclusively since my 1973 240. This is a good, but not great car. My previous Volvo was the 1989 240 Turbo. That was FAST and fun to drive. This one is reliable and I expect to get another 50k out of it. Turbo is plenty good. I did have to have the transimission replaced after 35k, though, but under warranty. Typical hard ride but handles nice on hills and curves. Leather is not as good as past Volvos, and the driver's seat is trashed. Great service department in my area.

Uses car for Off-roading