1999 Volvo S80

Available in 2 styles:  S80 4dr Sedan 2.9 shown
$880–$6,560

18–19 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Undoubtedly the finest car I have ever owned!

by Distinctively Volvo from Winston Salem | October 23, 2012

Comfortable ride, stylish practical interior with lots of features, highest safety ratings, powerful turbo engine when you need it, but economical as well under normal driving conditions. I have owned BMWs, Audis, VWs Mercedes' Cadillacs, and several other vehicles in this same category and none of them quite measure up to this Volvo S80. The value for the money supersedes by far that of all the others. You can get a lot more car for a whole lot less money. If you take care of it it will take care of you and last a lifetime. You can't go wrong with this Volvo S80 T6.

dont waste your time!

by dandb from BEACH EAST COAST | June 21, 2010

MAJOR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS ABOUND WITH THE S80 MODEL...THIS IS A WARNING FOR ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING THIS MONEY PIT!

EXTREMELY SATISFIED!

by Luxury Nut from Denver, CO | March 14, 2010

This car has been a pleasure to own. Having own BMW, LEXUS, and AUDI over the years, it is the Volvo that I have the most respect for. The car is a rock solid performer and the comfort and ride quality are second to none. Especially on the highway, it is the best car that I have ever owned.

Great Car

by Car Enthusiast from Hidden Hills, CA | November 5, 2009

This car is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned. Great fuel economy for a luxury car.

Best Car That I have Ever Owned!!!!

by Scooter from Denver, CO | April 26, 2009

This is my second Volvo S80 and the are far and away the most comfortable cars that I have ever driven. My 1999 performs well in all weather conditions and is super smooth on the road. I now have over 200,000 miles on my Volvo and it is showing no signs of stopping! The gas capacity and mileage is impressive. I like the quality of the leather and wood grains on the interior too. I would highly recommend this car to a friend. One of the best used cars under $10,000 that you can buy today!

One of the best cars i have ever onewed

by Dan's Car from Olathe, KS | November 8, 2008

Worth every single penny I spent. Easy to maintain (regular checks at the dealership), good gas milleage, confortable and safe.

Comfortable but expensive

by J-dawg from Minneapolis, MN | June 17, 2008

I own a 99 S80 T6. I bought it used with approximately 80K miles and now have about 130K. I have put a lot of money into this car. While the engine, drivetrain, transmission, etc., have been reliable the suspension and various electronics have been problematic. My biggest complaint is that any repair, no matter how small, end up being really expensive. Example - my glass on my headlight cracked. You would think you could just replace the glass, but you can't. Rather, you have to replace the entire headlight assembly and they need to drop the front bumper to put it in. The part at the dealer is approx. $500 and labor around $200. So it costs me $700 to replace a piece of broken glass! There are many other examples but you get the picture. The T6 version has turbo and is reasonably quick for a large sedan. It gets decent gas mileage on freeway/highway (around 25 mpg)... though not great in the city (probably around 15 or 16 mpg). Handling could be better. Turning radius isn't great - which can be challenging when you live in the city (parking, getting in garages from alley, etc.). That said, this car is REALLY comfortable. The front seats are more comfortable than most people's family room furniture. The passenger compartment is spacious and the styling is pretty nice. Stereo has nice sound, but the turn-knob style used for certain features is frustrating. Trunk is big and back seats fold down, so you can put quite a bit of stuff in this car if you need to. Exterior styling is nice and has been copied by subsequent Volvo models (1999 S80 was the first year/car with Volvo's distinctive back-end and overall redesign). My plan is to drive this car until it dies (or a really expensive repair comes up) since I have the car paid off. I do like the comfort and it is sufficient for me right now. That said, I wouldn't buy another one... and for that fact, not sure if I would buy another Volvo unless I saw great reviews, and in particular, reliability/repair info on the make/model I was considering.

Really Nice

by aerwt from columbus,OH | February 1, 2008

Awesome car. The car handled great looks awsome and I would like to own more. Best car I have ever driven and very safe.

OK car

by kuladedriver from Minneapolis | April 14, 2007

I bought this car with 90,00 miles and now have 145000 miles on it. I really love the car but I would have been disappointed if I would have bought this car brand new and had to spend all the money i did to fix the suspension. The breaks on this car is outstanding but the suspension is lame, spent atleast 2 grand on it. the cars engine and transmission are pretty respectable. no serious problems yet

Featured Services for this Volvo S80