2003 Volvo S80

2003 Volvo S80
Available in 3 styles:  2003 Volvo S80 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Best car I have owned yet!

by Fan of the Swedish people! from Seattle, WA | November 8, 2012

I read 100 reviews about many different cars before I decided on a Volvo. So I know the importance of hearing good reviews. This car is solid. Swedish people really do design a higher level of products and Volvos are no exception. I bought this car at 101,000 and now it is approaching 115,000 and I have had zero issues with it. I know that is not that long, however this is my experience thus far. I have changed the oil and soon with change the timing best only because it is suggested by the Volvo dealer to change it around 105,000 miles. I cant wait to save for a newever Volvo! So much bang for your buck! Just as good as a Mercedes or BMW at a much lower price. Go Sweden!!!

Fast, Safe, and Completely Unreliable

by Volvoer from Iowa | November 24, 2010

This car will con you into buying it when you test drive it. It's got every feature you could want, and drives like a dream. It also has more safety features than any other sedan. Yet it is a maintenance monster. Since buying mine at about 75k miles, I have dumped thousands replacing most of the front suspension, the fuel system, and lots of minor repairs to the chassis, and some electrical components. The fuel pump has an issue where is just quits working once in awhile. I've traced it back to the pump itself, something internally is not connecting right, and Volvo refuses to replace the pump until they can get it to fail on their watch. Even though it is a dead ringer for the unsafe recalled fuel pump in a recent service bulletin. Since it doesn't want to happen for them in the shop, meanwhile I'm back with it, stuck paying parking tickets and paying cab fare when it doesn't work. I will simply have to get it fixed on my own dime as well. Despite all of that, I still love this car more than any of the dozen or so cars I've owned in my life. It looks great, moves fast, and can survive a tangle with a Hummer. I'll pay a lot of repair bills for that kind of experience.

Looks great, built well

by New Volvoist from Iowa | August 10, 2010

After driving and fixing American cars for decades, I found myself hooked on this Volvo as soon as I popped the hood and saw the clean design and quality engineering. So I bought it, figuring I'd have to spend a pretty penny to keep it repaired, but not really caring. It's not without problems. My particular model needed a lot of work to get it up to snuff, mostly suspension issues- the factory suspension is supposed to last 50k miles, but it didn't quite make it: clunk! clunk! That's going to cost a grand and a half using OEM parts. I did it myself though for about half that cost. I've been through most of the car fixing this and that, and found everything to be pretty well designed and easy to work on. The car drives like a dream, and has amazing power even in the non-turbo version. It has great safety features, as you'd expect, yet still looks very sporty and drives that way too compared to other cars in its class. It's not particularly economical, getting 30 on the highway if you're careful. But it's certainly brought a lot of the joy of driving back for me, and elicited a great deal of admiration for its engineering.

Status symbol

by my nickname from NY | April 19, 2010

If you can afford to take your Volvo to the dealer every other month for the newest rattle then buy this car! If not, but a Honda! We did!

Great Car!

by Koozie from | December 22, 2009

Car looks like a great car. I would reccomend it to anyone! It has great options! And is in very good condition.

Personally crashed tested

by Cub fan from Sweet home Chicago | March 14, 2009

Bought this T-6 new and enjoyed it greatly until I was T-boned in it when a guy ran a red light at about 40 MPH pushing me into another car and then head first into a light pole. Totalled the car, but walked away without a scratch and the safty features worked just as discussed in the video when we bought it. The other drivers, the police and the tow truck drivers were all shocked that I was not on my way to the hospital after seeing the car. When they say Volvo for life - that is how I feel and why I am on this site looking for a replacement Volvo. Loved the Sedan, but my husband was a bit crowded in it (6-4 350 lbs) so we are thinking the XC90 for some extra room. Thanks Volvo, I am walking proof that your safty is awesome!

Featured Services for this Volvo S80