1998 Volvo S90

Est. MPG

18 city / 25.9 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Car I've EVER OWNED!!!!!!!

by Collection Of KIRBYS from Fairburn, Ga. | November 18, 2012

I bought THIS car in September of '08' as a second vehicle. My OTHER one is a '91' F-150--Also a GREAT VEHICLE! The S90 got SUPERIOR GAS MILEAGE! Compared to my TRUCK? AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!! The S90 is the FIRST European vehicle I've EVER HAD! THE BEST!!!!!!! However, the driver's seat could have gone BACK a bit farther for me. I'm 6'5" TALL! Comfortwise? SUPERB! It has that "LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY ROAD HUGGING FEEL" not TOO MANY vehicles have/give! Unfortunately, I recently hit a deer! However, ONLY COSMETIC DAMAGE! Was STILL DRIVEABLE! Everything said about VOLVOs being TOUGH? SO NOT WRONG!!!!!!! THE SAFEST OUT THERE!!!!!!! I was given MORE than I originally paid for it! THAT's why I decided to "Take The Money & Run"!

by volvo crazy from spring lake MI | July 26, 2010

Love the way this car drives and handles. Does not lean in the curves, like all earlier Volvos used to do. Has plenty enough power, but not too much. Easier and cheaper to maintain compared to front wheel drive cars. I did most all of the maintenance myself. Can not do that anymore. You can not find most engines under the hood anymore. They are buried under lots of plastic. You wont find much plastic under this aluminum hood. Great car. They should have kept on building this S90 and the S70. Big mistake stopping production.

Safe car for teen, canot hot rod this car

by Benz man from Frisco | July 18, 2009

Young mail teens should not be driving mustang GT's. They need safe cars that wont cause them to drag race. This is the most solid car for the money I have owned it for 6 months not problems @99k miles

They don't make 'em like this anymore

by 3-Car-Garage from Tacoma, WA | December 18, 2008

"2 of the 3 Volvos I own are 960s. My '98 S90 sedan -- bought w/34k miles -- is essentially the same as my '92 960 wagon, which I bought new. It's the last of the 6-cylinder, RWD Volvos. For my tastes, these 900-series cars are the best Volvos ever built. Everything about my S90 is wonderfully sensible and understated. It provides every luxury I could reasonably want, wrapped in a package of unmatched safety, ergonomics, reliability and durability. No, it doesn't match the performance extremes of BMWs I've owned, but it offers all the performance I need in 95% of the driving I do. Porsche helped Volvo design the elegant inline 6-cylinder engine in this car; it's a thing of beauty. Peak torque occurs at mid-high RPMs, ideal for safe high-speed passing, if not for racing away from stop lights. With the push of a button, the transmission can be re-geared for Economy, Sport or Winter conditions. Nice. If properly maintained and kept for many years, the S90 must certainly be one of the world's most economical luxury cars. The exterior styling is unpretentious and purposeful. Not everybody's cup of tea, but absolutely classic, in my opinion. If you can still find a clean S90 with less than 60,000 miles, snap it up without thinking twice. It will likely give you at least another 100,000+ miles that will be free of shudders, squeaks or unscheduled service. (Oh. My 3rd Volvo? It's an old 240GL, the iconic Swedish 'brick' that just keeps going, and going...)"

Most comfortable and quiet Volvo I've ever owned.

by Freeway Flyer from California | November 27, 2006

The '98 S-90 is a great car. It is reliable, comfortable, and economical for a six cylinder I've owned a 240 and a 850, both don't hold a candle to the S-90. The syling is Swedish and smart. It doesn't look like Honda- like the new S series does. The clean lines draw compliments. Worth the purchasing price.

by S90 Owner from Indianapolis, Indiana | July 29, 2006

Fit and finish are superb. In-line six cylinder engine is strong and indestructable. Fuel economy is excellent.(20/city 27/hwy) Every bell and whistle is standard. A true luxury Volvo. Brakes and suspension are very durable and long lasting. Handles like a FWD vehicle in snow and ice with the winter mode setting. Sport mode jazzes it up nicely. Excellent example of Volvo quality and reliability.

by Volvo Lover from Alaska | July 8, 2006

This car turns on a dime--better than a Honda Accord and is quieter than skiing on new fallen snow....what a dream car! It gets compliments almost daily and people let me go first cuz I am bigger but not a gas hog. SAFE CAR! Very nice sound system! Love those leather heated seats! Very comfortable! Would make a nice collector car when everyone turns in their large cars for tiny ones...

Featured Services for this Volvo S90