2002 Volvo V40

2002 Volvo V40
Available in 1 styles:  2002 Volvo V40 4dr Station Wagon shown

22 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Excellent car for college student

by Experienced buyer from West Hartford, CT | July 7, 2014

As a former leasing and sales consultant in the car business, I was looking for an ideal vehicle for my son to use over the summer and then off to college. The Volvo V40 is an ideal mix of space, utility, style and function. As with most Volvos, the interior space is very efficient, especially for a small wagon. Fuel economy is excellent and performance is more than adequate with the 1.9 liter turbo 4-cylinder engine. Fit and finish are still very good considering the age of the car( 2002 ). We purchased the base model which does not have all the bells and whistles, just as well for a college student who may add what he decides down the road. We did replace the factory stereo with a CD stereo with bluetooth for safer driving. Depending on mileage, just need to make sure all major operating systems are up to date including timing belt, brake rotors and struts. Only minor complaint: the Volvo requires premium gas. Otherwise, an excellent vehicle and value.

Safe, Reliable, Good Looking and Accommodating

by Enjoy the Ride from Ontario, Canada | September 18, 2009

I purchased my 2002 V40 used in 2006 with 87,000kms on it. I am now around 150,000kms and have been very happy. My wife and I were planning on having children and were looking for a car that was safe, reliable and accommodating to our large loads such as a stroller, drums, tools etc. (obviously not all at once) and we found it. The V40 is very spacious in the cargo area and if needed, all the seats fold completely down. It feels very smooth on the road especially at highway speeds, can someone say Turbo! The only issues I have is that I wish the V40 had less hood and a bit more interior leg space, especially in the back seats. Also, I'm not a big fan of the hand turn dial to move the seat back up and down. A lever or electric would be much more comfortable. Other than that as long as you keep up the maintenance the V40 should last a long time and be just as safe and reliable when you're done as it was when you bought it. Happy Trails

Featured Services for this Volvo V40