2008 Volvo V50

2008 Volvo V50
Available in 3 styles:  2008 Volvo V50 4dr FWD Station Wagon shown

Overall

highly recommended (so far)

by racyV50 from wisconsin | March 19, 2011

I bought a used 08 V50 with high mileage for its age (56,000) six months ago. So far I have had no issues with the car and it drives like it was new. I did a lot of research about this car and other similar options (A4, mazda 6) and I have to say I am so happy I went with this. It drives precisely with slightly stiff but comfortable ride. Power is adequate for me and can pass with complete confidence with the 2.4 5 cyl. Oil changes every 5000 are great, though more expensive (90ish). The interior is so well done, and the back is pretty roomy for a small wagon. Coming from honda, I still am skeptical about long term reliability of a european car, but I hope for the best. Go with this over a small SUV if you have any passion for driving. We have to bring back the wagon!

V50

by dd474 from Charleston, SC | April 20, 2009

The only kick against this is that the back seet is not usable if the driver or front seat passenger are over 5 feet tall.....

Love it!

by pro musician from Silicon Valley, CA | July 29, 2008

I just purchased a vehicle used as a dealer loaner with less than 6K on the clock, and I really love it! The car is very comfortable and handles well, and has plenty of storage which is very useful to me. The styling is quite slick for a wagon, and I have had many compliments from my friends.

Solid Car

by Volvo first timer from Morristown, NJ | January 9, 2008

This is first Volvo I have ever purchased and I was not too sure I wanted to committ to long term ownership so I leased it. I have had the V50 car for a month a half and it offers many surprising amenities that the larger "luxury" vehicles offer. I have the turbo charged T5 engine and strongly recommend it to interested V50 car buyers out there. The only problem I have is the foot accelerater cleareance seems to be very tight for depressing the gas pedal and between the gas and brake pedels (the same with the S40). I would still recommend the car to others.

Featured Services for this Volvo V50