2009 Volvo V50

Available in 2 styles:  2009 Volvo V50 4dr FWD Wagon shown

Overall

Love the Volvo

by superstar from Indiana | July 20, 2013

this V50 is a super shiny junker car! Bad breaks, loud engine, not sure if there was a muffler under there. Pretty disappointing. Maybe they for got to turn it in for Cash for Clunkers? Save your time Pass on this one.

Great car

by V50 from Boston | February 23, 2013

This car is fun to drive, peppy, easy to maneuver, good looking and great in New England snow. The all wheel drive and turbo engine give the car enough energy under trying conditions. I purchased this one used after my 2008 was totaled and I escaped major injuries.

Love the V50

by Love a Volvo from New Jersey | December 26, 2012

I've been driving a V50 for a few of years now and I have to admit that I enjoy more and more each year I drive it. The sporty ride and the over comfort of the car is great. When it comes to hauling the family it holds two adults, two kids, and two full size dogs very comfortably. The car holds its value better than any other car that I have owned. It's the best car purchased I've ever made.

best car I've ever owned

by Thomas from Troy,Mi | January 10, 2011

We got the 2.4 engine and were very pleased with the performance despite the expert reviews saying the turbo was needed. Not to say there isn't a huge difference between the two, but for ordinary driving the less powerful engine is fine. The handling is a nice balance between tuned and still providing a nice ride. Great sound system.

Good looking sation wagon

by Kickdown-169 from Germany | May 13, 2010

Our 2009 V50 is a very good looking small station wagon, it has enough space for 5 people and a dog. It´s one of the safest cars on the road, the gas milage is fantastic, it´s a manual tranmission. We also have 2 automatic-Volvos (S40+S60), this manual V50 handels very good, but if i would buy a new V50 again, it would be an automatic. We never had a single problem with this car!

Good Enough to Buy Two

by 3rd Upstate NY Volvo from Owego, NY | July 1, 2009

The 2009 T5 AWD is the second V50 T5 I have owned. The first was a 2007 FWD. I have not had any reliability issues that I think are associated with the beginning of new model production. The scandinavian design in and out set it apart from other wagons in this class. I have been out of the SUV craze for 10 years now. The car has interior or roof rack space to hold most items I need to get home (salvaged doors and columns, bbq grill, wine refrigerator for my business partner). The AWD slows the car down a bit over the FWD. But the turbo is adequate for all legal needs. Cars are hard to find so plan ahead. Volvo, please keep sending us cars, there is a demand.

Featured Services for this Volvo V50