2015 Volvo V60

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great Looking Car, 1 month OLd

by Simon W from Walnut Creek CA | July 1, 2014

Had my V60 D5 Front Wheel drive, black on black.for a month I feel like I am driving the Bat Mobile but my youngest daughter told me it is just a car and has no wings so I guess not. So, love the look of the car,inside overrall is good. Cup holders in front of gear shift was a stupid idea,get a large drink in and changing gears becomes awkward, I would also like more small storage areas inside car like for sunglasses, etc. Rear seat area not massive but ok, I am 6, 3 and the front seat feels great.I wish there were an option to turn off the start/stop feature if you choose so the default is off. My biggest gripe with the car is mileage, I was expecting 25-37 but i have not got more than 24 even on freeways, I have tried different driving methods but no luck . Called dealership and they told my engine needs breaking in more to get best mileage, I suspect this is bull but will drive it for a while to see if it increases.

SUV, not for me - V60 T5 FWD instead

by mados123 from New York, NY | June 19, 2014

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I am very impressed. The minimalist Scandinavian interior design is sleek, modern and functional. The exterior has sharp and sexy lines - especially the back of the car and its 'hips' (and with Volvo's symbol looking similar to the biological symbol for male, you have to wonder). I wanted to have a car with more room in it for my small family but still feel connected to the road while driving. While the sports package wheels look great, there are just too many potholes in Metro NY. As an alternative, the 17" Sadia wheels are perfect - good styling while having more meat on the tires. The ride is a good balance between being soft enough and with responsive steering when needed. I find myself driving the car being engaged and with two hands on the wheel more than any other car I have driven. Trunk space isn't as large as other wagons since the roofline dips, but as said in another review, the roof cross bars should serve you well for those few times you need more space (and they aren't too expensive). I love the built-retractable cargo net that extends from the top of the seats so no projectiles will potentially go flying into the back of you and your passengers' heads. Not sure if this unique to Premium Plus package but the seats with memory that adjust to the specific user's keys when in the vicinity of the car (along with the doors unlocking) is definitely cool and convenient. The turbo on this 4 cylinder engine is great as there is no turbo lag like I experienced with my previous car. The car has more than enough power when needing to accelerate quickly (maybe not as great with a heavier load). Transitions from gear-to-gear are smooth as butter. The auto idling start-stop takes some getting used to and can be disconcerting (bringing back past bad experiences of stalling in the middle of traffic while learning how to drive a manual transmission) but the thought of not wasting gas or breathing in your own fumes with the windows down gets you by with comfort. Something as simple as the having an electrical brake with "drive away release" is also something you don't realize is great until you have it - just need a finger to activate, no more arm curls and extensions! The rear camera is great too although maybe they should include a front one as well for parallel parking (without having to get the Blind Spot Information System). The standard seats have excellent bolster support - enough to keep your back centered around medium turns, not too rigid and obtrusive that you need to be a contortionist to enter and exit the car. I haven't mastered the Bluetooth phone connection yet as it seems to have too many prompts to call a commonly used contact. I also think there is a software bug with assigning a speed dial number that needs to be worked out as it can't be user error :-) Bluetooth audio connectivity is great too as I can connect my phone and stream tunes. Lastly, there is great peace of mind driving a car with the history of safety that Volvo has. I'm really curious about the "City Safety (low-speed Collision Avoidance Technology)" but am afraid to test it out - if it fails, it could be costly! The car is definitely sharp.

2015 V60 My Point of View

by jeff's 4th Volvo from Upstate NY from upstate NY | April 9, 2014

I waited for years to get another turbo wagon that was not fully clad in fake plastic armor. I expect the wagon to perform successfully as the last 3 that I have owned. I recommend purchasing roof cross bars so that the unexpected garage sale find, can be taken home if it does not fit in the smallish boot. The T6 R has plenty of power and the handling seems tight. I will be giving it a true test this weekend at a performance driving school. Unfortunately, new cars come with a lot of gadgets and gizmos. I am concerned that the price of this vehicle is beyond the reach of a core group of non-suv'ers. I really stretched my budget. Get rid of the gadgets (keep the safety) and sell a truly base model, my suggestion. I will use this wagon as such and put it through its paces. The drivers seat bolster is already showing signs of wear but the seats are typical Volvo comfortable.

MR

by JUNIOR from HONOLULU | February 13, 2014

THE BEST MID SIZE WAGON AND THE BEST LOOKING ONE BY FAR. inside space is appropiate as well as those lines and the sport seating makes you feel young no matter what your age is and sporty.