1999 Volvo V70

Available in 6 styles:  V70 4dr Wagon Base shown

Overall

remodeler

by Remodeler from Plymouth MI | December 19, 2012

The 1999 Volvo V70XC is a nice little station wagon. It fits four comfortablely and the seats fold down for extra room.

Cannot get over how confortable this car is.

by Volvo fan from | May 12, 2012

I am going on 300 000k and motor and transmission is still going strong. Important to keep the wear on your tires, front and back the same, to prevent prematurely wearing out the bevel gear on awd models.

As Good As My Jeep CJ

by Snow Country Driver from Northern Illinois | October 10, 2010

I purchased mine with 78K on it. I now have 109K with just normal maintenance required. It has been a great car and can really handle winter weather well. The driveshaft for the rear needed a center bearing which my independent shop did for far less than a new shaft from the dealer. More machinery = More maintenance. Not that I have tried them but the Volvo safety features more than make up for it. In fact, Volvo features a 2000 V70 in a Safety Brochure. The center passenger compartment stayed intact when impacted from the rear and shoved into the vehicle ahead.

Perfect mountain car

by Motorman from Colorado | December 8, 2008

I have a 2000 V70XC that is awesome in every way. This thing has great power, gets almost 30mpg highway, and the awd system is the best I've seen on any wagon. Highly recomend these cars if you want comfort, safety, and reliability.

I love my used xc v70

by cowboys fans from washington dc | May 8, 2008

I don't care about bmw i will buy or any other car,this car is good on gas.My kids love it,but not more than me.My wife said i was dum for buying a car with so many miles,but it just kept going and going.MY 1999 volvo xc v70!

The Best Used Car That I Have Ever Had

by Stephen O'Conner from Boston, MA | June 26, 2007

I bought a 1999 Volvo V70 Cross Country in 2005 with 120,000. The car had a warranty from the dealer for 300,000 miles. It was a great deal. My wife was skeptical at first because she thought that it was to many miles and it probably dosen't run well. When I went to the dealer to take a test drive I brought my kids and my wife. My sons said that the car reminded them of a cereal box. I said just wait until you get inside. The interior style is similar to BMW. The car came loaded with power seats with a memory function, leather, pwr windows, pwr locks, AWD, Sunroof, pwr mirors, Bose soundsystem, CD player, Cassette Player, Cruise Control, turbo, third row seat, remote keyless entry with alarm, pwr trunk, side curtain airbags, rear winshield airbag, and stability control. Then I remembered my parents Volvo that they had driven for 18 years with 480,000 miles which gave them very little trouble. I traded in my 2003 Town and Country for the Volvo which was a very good decision. My Town and Country only had 60,000 miles and sometimes it would have trouble turning on and I bought new. It was in the dealership 4 times because the check engine light kept coming on. My Volvo has only been the shop for maitenence. My Volvo has 320,000 miles on it and it has great pick-up and the check engine light has never been on. I recommend to anyone thinking of getting a V70 even if it has high mileage buy it. Just remember to get it from a reputable dealership or private seller and ask for warranty information. I love my Volvo and it is much better than the minivan.

Ultimate Volvo for Volvo Lovers

by Fred the Volvo Nerd from Maine and Mass | November 9, 2006

When my son and I first saw, sat in, and drove this car we knew we had to buy it. In 2004, this 1999 only had 47,000 TRUE miles!! (Checked by Carfax & verified by dealer records and calendar) Any problems can be traced to fact that the one prior owner stored the car every winter for 6 months in a garage: - flat sections on tires, brake rotors rusted, noise in driveshaft occasionally. But I still love the car and can drive it for 8 hours without getting tired or bored! 3 CD changer is WEIRD and now broken but a 6 CD trunk version is coming from Santa Claus in 2006!

'99 V70 GLT -We Never should have sold it.

by Ivan from Nokomis, FLA | October 25, 2006

The first Volvo we owned was a bright red 1999 V70 GLT wagon. I had never owned a Volvo before, and never owned a wagon. Ive also never owned a Turbo Wagon before. Put all thease things togather and it turned out to be a "MAGIC" combonation. Bold and charming style that gets in you. Totally unexpected Performance, WOW! Incredible low-end torque blended with that "WHIP" of the turbo (and that amazing whooopshhhh sound). It fullfills in all the right places! Handling that Grips the road with confidence and ballance. You never want to get out of the seats you swear were "Tailor Made" for you. All this and we averaged 28.5mpg! If you can find one of thease cars- Hang on to it! -If you sell it you will miss it and replacing it with another GLT (we found) was very hard to find. Ivan Nokomis,FLA

Featured Services for this Volvo V70