2007 Volvo V70

Available in 3 styles:  2007 Volvo V70 4dr FWD Station Wagon shown

Overall

Favorite car of 15 owned

by practical driver from Tucson az. | October 17, 2013

The v70 has been the complete package of space, great gas milage, comfort and flexability of space and seating with good looks too!

Unsafe care

by Darlene from Jonesboro, Georgia | July 8, 2013

I had an opportunity to trade in my 2002 Ford Explorer for a new car. My priorities were 1) safety, 2) dependability, 3) gas mileage. We had previously had an old volvo and it measured up in safety and dependability. I selected a 2007 volvo V70 wagon. The first day we drove it home from the dealership, (noticed it needed an alignment) and parked in our driveway, I could not get out of the passenger side of the vehicle. The door locks wouldn't work. My husband could open the door from the outside, but I was trapped inside. Being trapped is one of my fears about electric car doors and windows. We took it back to the dealership; they fixed the door and made 3 attempts at what should have been a simple front end alignment. I wanted to recind the sale, but they would do so only by 'selling' us back my Ford Explorer and trading in the now 'used' Volvo to a tune of another $2000 in dealer fees, title trasfer and taxes. We unhappily drove the Volvo home. Had trouble a couple of years later with crack in head gasket and had to fight for warranty fulfilment, but then they did honor it. As for safety, I am now afraid to use my Volvo. Now ALL the doors and trunk locked except on the driver's side. Restarting engine, etc. didn't help. They don't open from the outside either. I know if I start to drive the car, it automatically locks all the doors - that means the drivers side as well. And I would be trapped. Very unsafe car. Two annoying things - anti-skid light likes to come on and defrosting design fogs up the window from the inside. As for the gas mileage, it isn't any better than was my Ford Explorer (I wish I had it back). If you are looking for a car, you can do much better than buying a Volvo.

Not the 2004 or 06

by V 70 FWD Master from Coast of Maine | August 6, 2012

Not quite sure I can put my finger on it, but I've only had the 5 speed 2004, 2.4 and the 2006, 2.4 before this 2007, 2.5 and much prefer them over the 2007. First the gas mileage, then the more glitzy exterior -- neither are my style. But, the 2007, 2.5 has power, lower gas mileage, and more chrome, if that is what you like!

Great car,terrible mpg :/

by Nina from rochester,ny | December 19, 2011

I think I might have 'thought' a bit longer on my purchase if I had known the gas mileage was so poor. Im avging 16.8mpg in city driving which is primarily what I do. Other AWD vehicles perform MUCH better,in the area of 20-21mpg. ie subaru,mazda etc The trade off is the car in general is pure CLASS. :D

V70 is unique

by VolvoForLife from midwest | November 5, 2011

V70 really provides a unique combination of versatility, convenience, and cargo capacity, along with luxurious feel, smooth ride, and restrained good looks. I've owned a 2007 model for several years, and it has been great at handling every possible task - from daily commutes, hauling furniture, bicycles, and kids, to cross-country trips. It has been very reliable. Fuel efficiency is typically around 32 mpg highway, 26 average with city driving. This car is particularly great for winter driving. Traction control, winter transmission mode, and good winter tires make it a virtual snow-mobile. Finally, I believe the 2001 to 2007 model is the best looking of the Volvo wagons. I was a fan of the boxy designs, but the proportions and flow on this model make it really attractive, in my opinion. The direction Volvo went after 2008 lost some of the elegance.

another volvo v70

by 4 time volvo owner from small town, ct | October 20, 2011

This is my 4th Volvo, 3rd V70. Replaced high mileage 2001 V70 with exact same car, but 2007 with 100,000 fewer miles. Obviously, was satisfied with previous one, and still am with newer one. Safe, very comfortable, reliable, decent mileage (32 highway average at 65mph, 26 in mixed driving at 34 mph average), great load space. 2007 owned by Ford, which in my opinion cut a few minor corners for cost savings over 2001, before Ford acquisition. Only complaint is some wheel spin with hard acceleration, front end likely not heavy enough due to small engine.

V70 is so comfortable

by Angela from Orange County, California | September 28, 2011

Purchased 4 months ago, has 95K miles, is our 6th Volvo (since 1982) and second wagon. A 2.4T, replacing a 240 with 250K miles which was still running very well when sold (we highly maintain them). 5 Volvo's are still in the family. The seats are just superbly comfortable and I am tall. The acceleration and cornering is very good. Unfortunately the turning radius is long, which I miss from the early lighter weight Volvo's. I get 20mpg in the city. It is a pleasure to drive this car and I prefer driving it over my XC-90. Do not be afraid to buy with high mileage, Volvo's still drive like new.

My 8th Volvo

by Atlanesman from Atlanta, Ga | July 29, 2011

Eighth Volvo ( and 5th wagon) since 1978. I LOVE Volvos...but really miss the boxy 240's This car gets 33mpg on the road 21.5 in city, drives great, beautiful interior....exterios is sort of blah. The only real complaint is the transmission seems to be constantly shifting up or down. BUt then I was used to 3 or 4 speed automatics. I still love a Volvo.

Fast Sweed

by Albert Flasher from Coventry CT | July 11, 2011

Very quick, incredible brakes, corners like a sports car, fabulous highway cruiser, 24 mpg avg, awesome seats, Volvo safety, avoid potholes. Love mine, 95,000 miles runs like new....buy this car.

V70R is incredible

by Bob from Gaithersburg MD | February 14, 2011

I've put about 65K miles on my V70R and am still amazed at its combination of family comfort plus blistering performance with 300HP and zero torque steer. Handling, braking, and structural integrity are all superb. Only faults are (1) poor 42-ft turning circle necessitated by wide tires (2) ride, on any of the three settings, is hard except on totally smooth roads. Strongly recommend using Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires. They really transform the car.

Featured Services for this Volvo V70