2008 Volvo V70

Available in 1 styles:  2008 Volvo V70 4dr FWD Station Wagon shown

16 city / 24 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Can't wait to own another Volvo

by Excellence and Value from Nashville, TN | March 4, 2014

My wife and I bought this car for our growing family. We've put around 15k miles on it in a year and have absolutely loved every one. The car is at 92k and still feels and looks like most cars do at 30k. Hasn't changed a bit since we bought it. Everything about this car is so well though-out and designed that it truly will last for a long time without a decrease in functionality or aesthetic. For instance, all of the interior materials are very resilient, attractive, and easy to clean. The leather seats are very nice and the leather literally looks new. In higher wear areas (sides and backs of seats, center console cover), the material is an indestructible vinyl. You won't find any of the "soft-touch" plastics that beleaguer other luxury brands as the cars cross a few years old. My kids will not be able to destroy this car and I love that. It's so easy to clean, and every time I do, it looks brand new. Literally NOTHING is wearing out in this car. Another great example of this is the choice of colors/materials that line the inside of the car. Everything is a dark grey from the windowsill down, which does a fantastic job of hiding scuff marks and dirt. The upper part is a light tan, which makes the interior feel light and spacious. The A and B pillars are wrapped in cloth (the same as the ceiling), while the C and Ds are a hard textured plastic of the same color. Odd? NO! The first time I loaded a dog cage in, I scraped hard against it. This would have probably ripped it if it were fabric. Instead, there's a little scrape in the plastic. The comfort level is unparalleled. The car just feels so solid and soft at the same time. We literally get home from a drive across town and don't want to get out. Its insulation and sound dampening is incredible. The only thing I can complain about is the driver responsiveness. This car is truly a grand tourer. It's nimble and exudes confidence when you push it, but you definitely feel the weight of the vehicle. A worthy trade-off, however, for the incredible comfort and quiet the car gives.

I own this car

by Recent Purchaser from Marianna, Florida | May 1, 2013

I found this car online at a nearby dealer. I like wagons so i went and looked. I could not afford new for what I got in this car. Used SUV's are really high priced and this was something different. The dealer said no one wanted wagons so they had to move it, so I got it for 2500 less than book value. With such a good buy I could afford some repairs. It is a great ride, beautiful interior, the best seats ever, beautiful paint job and body work, but...... you are going to have mechanical repairs. At 86,000 my brake vaccuum pump is leaking oil. Part will cost $358.00. I think everything looks ok. I am praying I can get to 150,000 with just routine maintenance. If you know a good shop you can trust that is reasonable, I would buy this car used Also have a good inspection and maybe a 6 mo dealer warranty if you can get it.

Best Volvo wagon

by guy on 7th volvo from Gainesville, florida | March 29, 2012

I've owned a 122s wagon, and 5 other 140 series wagons and sedans, all bought with many miles on them already. Only the v6 gaveme problems. All were rather simple, honest, square , comfortable, reliable rides. But the v70 is so much more of everything traditional in a volvo plus power. compared to the earlier volvos this is luxury and a sense of safety you can realy feel and appreciate. I especially like the sound system and the blind view alert. bob

Dependent on Electricity

by Sparkey from Kissimmee, FL | December 19, 2011

Traded my 2001 Volvo V70 for the 2008. The major differences are as follows: Rear 12 volt plug in cargo area now an option. Electronic key with push button starting, electric parking break, seat bottom pockets smaller, not as generous in size or quality, average sounding stereo with aux plug in center console for mp3, 6 cylinders instead of the 5 but almost identical gas mileage (19.8 city, average 24-6 mph driving), back seats much easier to fold flat, cargo tie-down area clever, but lockable tray under cargo area pretty much useless except for objects no higher than a couple of inches, exterior styling is nice, not so much black trim to care for nice egg crate grille, but overall look seems smaller even though the car is actually larger. One fog light in rear, why just one is curious. Ride is solid, smooth, steering is tight with a decent turning radius, engine compartment is well organized and easy to maneuver around, as well as keep clean. No tool kit included as was in my 2001, auto door lock engaged by speed now a feature, radio includes an equalizer but owners manual fails to explain the various settings, sun roof has a tilt up rear feature which is nice, seats are superbly comfortable and adjustable, ergonomics are very well thought out and executed. Real wood trim looks like plastic it is so shiny that the real wood feature is lost in the execution. Vise ability is very good, sirus radio antenna looks like a dorsal fin but most cars today have one somewhere. Quiet engine very smooth overall lots of nice improvements but a heavy reliability on electricity to operate. Paint is plain although described as metallic, it just doesn't impress. Back seats are comfortable and the center console is packed with convenience for the rear passengers. I very much liked everything about my 2001 but after 105000 miles it was time to replace and the 2008 although a wee bit duller in appearance is well built, designed for comfort and safety which is the hallmark of Volvo. Nice car but lacks panache.

Probably The Most Versatile Vehicle Ever

by Active from Brentwood, Long Island, NY | January 28, 2009

When my 2000 Toyota Sienna was totaled last week, we were tempted to go look for another Toyota because we loved ours so much. However, my sister had recommended we look at a Volvo because they were safe and some were family friendly. I was hesitant to look, for I though it would just be a waste of time. Little did I know that I would fall in love with the V70. I had known about Volvo quality for a long time; my sister has owned 3 of them. We had originally planned on getting an XC90, but I really didn't feel like buying an SUV. Then the stunning V70 caught my eye on the showroom floor. I couldn't help but take a closer look, and a test drive. My major reason for choosing this over the XC90 is because it drives like a luxury sedan, yet has the cargo capacity of an SUV. You just can't beat it. Literally, you can beat the heck out of it and it just goes like it left the showroom floor. (My sisters first Volvo was a 240 and it just wouldn't die, no matter what you do to it) So if you're looking for a car that is fun to drive, has legendary Volvo safety and durability, and is stylish, the 2008 Volvo V70 is definitely the car for you. I love Volvos!

Featured Services for this Volvo V70