While some say wagons are a dying breed, Volvo has long been a staunch supporter of this iconic family-mobile, and it continues to show its support with the V70. It's available in both 3.2 and new 3.2 R-Design trim levels. The R-Design gives a sportier and more luxurious look to the V70.
The XC70 offers a similar design with a few more off-road provisions; it's listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2010
There's a new 3.2 R-Design trim level, and a new optional six-cylinder engine produces fewer emissions than the standard engine.
The V70 features a raised hood that's designed to lessen the effect of impacts with pedestrians. Exterior dimensions come in at 189.9 inches long and 73.3 inches wide.
- Available 16- or 17-inch alloy wheels
- Standard 18-inch alloy wheels (R-Design)
- Standard power, heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Optional headlight washers
- Optional moonroof and roof rails
- Optional xenon headlights with articulating lenses
- Optional heated windshield-washer nozzles
- Optional power liftgate
The new R-Design trim adds sport features to the interior, and R-Design logos adorn the steering wheel and standard leather seat Ing surfaces The instrument cluster, pedals, gearshift knob and floormats have a sportier appearance. Like the S80, the five-seat V70 has a simple, clutter-free dashboard and a thin center control panel. The rear seats are split 40/20/40 to accommodate various cargo-carrying needs, and a movable cargo floor is available. The front passenger seat folds down for additional cargo capacity.
Passenger volume comes in at 97.6 cubic feet, with 33.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. With those folded, that space balloons to 72.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Standard cloth seating surfaces, optional leather seating and real wood inlays
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Standard eight-way power driver's seat with memory, optional power passenger seat
- Standard automatic dual-zone climate control
- Optional universal remote garage-door opener
- Optional heated front seats
- Optional 12-speaker surround-sound system
- Optional navigation system with real-time traffic
- Optional dual-screen entertainment system (screens integrated into headrests)
Under the Hood
For 2010, there's a choice of two six-cylinder engines. The standard engine makes 235 horsepower, while an optional 225-horsepower model produces fewer emissions and is classified as a Partial-credit Zero Emissions Vehicle.
- 235-horsepower, 3.2-liter six-cylinder with 236 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 225-hp, 3.2-liter six-cylinder with 221 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift functionality
The V70 is available with advanced safety features like Collision Warning with Auto Brake. This system uses a light and sound to warn the driver if it senses a collision may occur, and the system brakes the car if the driver doesn't heed the alert. Also, Volvo's WHIPS technology is designed to lessen the effect of a rear impact by cradling front-seat occupants in their seat.
- Standard side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard antilock braking system with hydraulic brake assist
- Standard security system and immobilizer-encrypted ignition key
- Standard electronic stability and traction control
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Optional blind spot warning system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Volvo V70
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.