We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

18 city / 25.9 hwy

Overall

Best Kept Secret

by Practical Car from Norwalk, CT | November 4, 2015

I've had mine since new, and have taken care of it--3,000 miles then oil change. Repairs and Maintenance at the dealer is expensive, but the few repairs by non-dealers have been unsatisfactory, so I continue with dealer. Parts are expensive. > I have 155,000 miles on it---I think I can do another 150,000, if not double that and take it to half-a million miles. > It does everything I want it to do, carry wheelchair, load up. It is big, but turns on a dime, putting small cars to shame. It is powerful enough, and with snow tires, never a problem in winter. And most of all, it is very comfortable and airy--lots of head, leg, shoulder and hip room--you can't beat a box for that. Don't have to be a contortionist. > Plus, it looks really cool. 16 years and I am not tired of it. Beats any new Volvo that I've driven. If they were to bring it back, I'd buy in a minute.

Best car for the dollar value out there

by Nuke from Hawaii | April 3, 2010

A non-abused and well-maintained V90 may be the best used car out there. Can not be ignored for maintenance, but if cared for will last forever. Many examples with over 500K miles on them, some in taxi service. Quiet, comfortable and completely optioned as any top of the line European car. Safe as houses and never stranded us. I can buy any car I want and cannot come up with a reason to sell this car. My wife uses it for her daily driver.

The last of the big wagons!

by Maddog from Texas | December 25, 2008

This is one of the better cars I have owned. It is typical of the Volvo era pre-Ford, square design, solid build quality, not flashy and very roomy. Over the decade plus I have owned it, it has hauled everything I have asked it to, bikes, furniture, people and luggage. It even made one cross-country trip loaded, including the roof rack, with everything from an apartment, looking like the Clampett's moving to Beverly Hills. Gas milage has varied from a low of 18 around town in the summer, to 26 on open road trips. I have been religious about maintenance, going to the dealer for all but minor parts replacements I have done myself, wiper blades, rear hatch struts, etc. Dealer costs are high, but any issue I have had, has been fixed right the first time. It has had nothing but Mobile 1 run in it since new. At my last tire replacement I went + 1 with new alloy wheels and Michelin HydroEdge tires. It made a significant inprovement in both cornering capablity and wet road traction. After 10 years and 114,000 miles the car still looks good and has been bullet proof reliable.

Featured Services for this Volvo V90