2014 Volvo XC60

Starting MSRP

Overall

Really like but.....

by canucken from Seattle WA | August 5, 2014

So we recently bought one of these. Overall love it.. Very stylish, nice performance, great looks (subjective of course), incredibly comfortable and naturally the legendary Volvo safety. The big but comes from the fact that Navigation doesn't come standard until you hit the Platinum model. This, IMO is absurd. A car at this level and supposed quality should have Nav as a standard feature. Adding it costs $2500 (also absurd!). We didn't even think to ask when we bought it so the blame lies with us but I didn't even think to ask assuming it would be standard. We looked at Fords, VWs, Subarus, Mazdas, and Merc and it was on all of those! Bizarre to say the least and a big miss on this. Regardless we're happy with the car and give it a recommendation.

XC60 T6 great value

by suninla from SouthBay, CA | May 21, 2014

Just purchased this car after driving the XC60 3.2 for the last 4 years. I love the safety features in this car and with all the options and safety it had a much more reasonable price compared to Audi and BMW. The car runs smoothly, has great pick up and feels safe and snug on the road. Love the features of Blis and the voice activated Navi.

Surprised how much I love this Volvo!

by Mommy of 2 from Honolulu, Hawaii | May 7, 2014

I have owned BMW's, Mercedes Benz, and most recently a Lexus. I drive a lot and I have two young children, so I wanted a reliable, safe car. I don't think I have ever driven a Volvo before and really didn't have any expectations. I was so surprised how comfortable, safe, and functional the XC60 is to drive! The leather is soft and the seats are comfortable. I love the functionality of the Bluetooth and compatibility of my iPod and iPhone... yes, I still use an iPod for music. :) My husband, who drives a BMW X5, loves this car too. The price is so reasonable for what you get! I would highly recommend the XC60!

XC60

by laoric from Carson, CA | May 5, 2014

I really like my new car. It rides very smooth looks nice and performs very well. It has a very quite ride and I really enjoy driving it to work everyday.

Great crossover! Excellent safety features!

by CC from Edison, NJ | January 18, 2014

I am a car enthusiast and I do lots of research before I get a car. It's a well designed and built luxury crossover/SUV. I recommend the 3.0T over the standard 3.2L, similar in gas mileage but more powerful engine and refined driving experience. Car looks great from outside from more angles, at night the rear tail lights can look a bit funky in my opinion. Standard halogen headlights are okay overall but in order to get HID you most likely won't be able to find one on regular models unless you load the car up, most dealers don't have them come with HID unless it is the R models, at this price range HID should be standard. I am also a little disappointed that Volvo has yet to make backup cameras standard unless you go Premier Plus, base and premier models don't have it, a brand focused so much on safety should have that standard across the lineup, especially this car's rear visibility isn't the best, cars half the price have the cameras standard. City Safety is great and thank you Volvo for making it standard. Panoramic sunroof is smaller than those on Caddy, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes, probably due to their concern to overall body integrity and crash safety scores. Interior quietness is on par with BMW and Audi, but not as quiet as Caddy SRX with Bose noise cancellation now standard and double panel windows. Fit and finish is good overall, engine is quiet, smooth, and refined. Transmission tuning can be improved, some unpleasant shift shocks and gear hunting were noticed during everyday driving, perhaps the upcoming 8 speed automatics will solve the problem. Ergonomics are good, decent cup holders, door bottle holders, seat pockets, etc. Overall it is a solid safety oriented car and a worthy competitor to Audi Q5, BMW X3, Cadillac SRX, Mercedes GLK, and Lexus RX.

Nice SUV, best overall package

by Kickdown-169 from Germany | December 27, 2013

We drive Volvo for several years, this is just another great Volvo... We owned a 1997 Volvo V70, 2000 S40, 2009 V50, 2006 S60, 2012 S60, 2012 XC 60 and we actually own a 2000 V70, 2011 S60 and the 2014 XC 60... The XC 60 is one of the safest cars on the road, the adaptive Cruise Control and the Four-C-Chassis are nice options, the AWD makes this car even safer. We like the new 2014-front-design. I also like other brands, BMW, Jaguar, Saab and so on, but Volvo makes the best overall package, a car wich is safe, comfortable, good looking with an affortable price.

Comparable to previously owned BMW

by Happy Guy from New Hampshire | November 20, 2013

Only owned car for 5 days but pleased so far. Live in snowy climate so cold weather performance was instrumental in purchase decision.

Complete package, comfort & performance in a SUV.

by GTS Civil from Western, NC | July 30, 2013

I have been a car owner for 48 years and owned 46 cars, trucks and suvs. This car my be my new favorite. I bought a BMW XI x-drive for my wife on the same day I bought my XC60 T6. The Volvo averaged 26.2 for the first 2000 miles. The BMW that was rated at 33 Hwy has averaged 24.3 mph. Both are great cars but the Volvo is much superior in comfort, design details, intuitive operation and driving, and unlike the BMW it has a spare tire. I am surprised by the overall quality of design, workmanship and performance.