2015 Volvo XC60

Starting MSRP

Overall

2015.5 XC60 R Design

by Kineticap from Palm Beach FL | March 15, 2015

I've owned 44 cars over the years from Acura MDX's to Volkswagen GTI's, 1972 Chevy Trucks, Saabs, Hondas. I've had them all. The 2015 R design XC60 is by far the most satisfying combination of performance, comfort, safety and all around awesomeness. The seats are the most comfortable and supportive on the market. They blow away the sport seats I had on my 2011 BMW 328 Wagon. Bolstering is perfect, adjustability seems limitless, and the leather is soft, supple and durable. The steering wheel and controls are satisfying to the touch, fit my hands perfectly, and everything is within easy reach. The heated steering wheel is a luxury I could do with out here in FL. but it sure is nice when I travel north. The fit and finish of the interior rivals any german car I've owned. The interior finish beats the Audis and VW's I've had in tactile feel and material quality. The ergonomics are second to none. Everything is within reach, is intuitive, and just works. The fold=flat rear seats are simple to use and the headrests fold in when folded flat.All my other cars forced me to remove the headrests. Not so on the Volvo. Interior room is comfortable for both front and rear passengers with plenty of leg room for everyone. The only improvements I'd make are with the menus and navigation of the infotainment system. While one of the better vehicles when it comes to wireless integration, it lacks a touch screen and the menus are simply not as intuitive as those of my 2015 VW GTI Drivers edition. Still, a day of use and you;ll be using the car technology like you were Michael Knight and KIT. If you can't tell, I love this car. I'd recommended it to friends, family..anyone looking for a very sporty, practical, incredibly safe vehicle. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

2015.5 T5 (5 CYL) AWD XC60 - Fantastic Car

by tostik from Denver | January 15, 2015

We've owned the car for 4 mos now and we love it! Volvo did a mid-model year update --2015.5--and changed the Ford-made 3.2 engine for the Volvo-made T5 5 cyl engine. Which is why I bought the car. The Volvo 5 cyl engines are famous for their reliability and longevity, and with a lot of low end torque, and the accompanying wide torque band, they are fun engines to drive. The mid-year upgrade included Volvo's torque vectoring system (CTC), which can send torque to any one of the 4 wheels. With CTC and 20 inch Pirellis, it feels really tied down when doing hard cornering---fun! We've also had a couple of big snows since we bought the car, and the AWD and Traction Control systems worked great. It's very confident in a big snow. Great cargo space, extremely comfortable seats--a Volvo trademark--, and no repairs in 4 months of ownership.

Car Enthusiast

by Love Cars from Overland Park, KS | July 11, 2014

We have had the car for a little over a month now. We traded in a Range Rover Evoque, which would have most people questioning our sanity. However the Volvo has such a high resale value that we were able to save $100 a month on payment, insurance decreased by $20 a month and going to regular vs premium gas should also help. Even if it had an even trade, I would do it again. Why? this car is just fun to drive. The Evoque wasn't bad, but this thing is just fun. It has a ton of power. Its just a better everyday car. I am 5' 11" and would hit my head almost every time getting out of the Evoque. It also has a very small cargo area. And it has a lot of road noise. Maybe I will regret my purchase come winter, but so far it doesn't look like it. In regards to mileage, I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't care about mileage. I buy and drive cars because I love it.

Falls short of reported EPA Mileage

by JoeALexandria from Alexandria, VA | June 24, 2014

We have had the 2015 XC 60 T-5 for a little over one month and bought it due to the reported EPA fuel mileage. So far we have not been able to get over 19 mpg, we expected to get closer to 25mpg. This is less than our 2014 AWD Equinox, which has exceeded its EPA mileage rating, so I don’t think it is how we drive it. We get near or above reported mileage in our 2011 CRV and 2014 Equinox. The blue-tooth and hands free calling is less than we expected, actually our Equinox is much better in this area, but the Volvo stereo sounds a little better. The car drives nice, has good visibility, and good performance for a SUV. We currently own a 2011 CRV, 2014 Equinox and the 2015 XC-60. The positives of the XC -60 are it drives nice has good visibility, and is comfortable. The negatives are it falls way short of its reported gas mileage, the user interface with the phone/radio etc. is complicated. Also the mirror seat/memory function can act erratic. The mirrors sometimes just mysteriously adjust themselves when you are driving