2006 Volvo XC70

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

HMS Imperturbable

by Tripp from Virginia | September 15, 2013

This is a great car. The front seats are the most comfortable of any car I have owned, and I have owned three Audis, as well as several other brands. The instrument cluster is easy to see and elegantly presented and the dashboard is shaped well for placing the radio and HVAC controls close at hand. Those controls are simple to use and the automatic climate control is a dream. Visibility is excellent in all directions, the side-view mirrors are a great size, and the tilt/telescoping steering column, paired with the multi-adjustable power seat, makes for an excellent driving position. The turbo 5 is smooth and passing power is ample. Steering feel is somewhat absent, but steering is linear and predictable. The brakes are strong and the AWD keeps this car going in any weather. I averaged 26mpg over a 600 mile beach vacation this summer, which I think is great given the size of the car and the power it has. My only gripe is that rear legroom is tight for a car this size, other than that the car is hard to fault.

Great choice for a family car

by Upstater from Binghamton, NY | December 26, 2012

Our Volvo XC70 wagon is now 7 years old and has 85,000 miles on it. This car is comfortable, safe, and spacious. The fact that it is a wagon makes it carlike, unlike a lot of SUV's. It will go almost anywhere in bad weather with its all wheel drive. The only drawback is that it is thirsty, never getting more than 20 mpg on the road.

LOVE MY VOLVOS

by Darling from | February 9, 2011

I've had a '83 (CL350), '94(850), and '02 (V70XC) - LOVE THIS AUTOMOBILE; However, to a fault, it has become Americanized and unfortunately, after Ford purchased it, our '02 was far less than the other two in quality. But, it was the first AWD and that's important for us. Now, my husband tells me I have to give it up and NO MORE VOLVOS - due to the expense we've incurred with the '02, and we had NEVER hardly spent $1,000 on the other two Volvos combined. The '94 is still in the garage and driven ev da, as is my '02.

2006 xc70

by e-racer from Richmond, VA | July 7, 2009

Good car for what it is. Space for family of 4 is more than adequate. On vacation, it fits nearly as much luggage as the XC90. Performance is good. Only negatives are too much plastic on the dash and rattling noises in the rear passenger door.

My 2nd Volvo Wagon

by AWD Wagon required from Minnesota | December 11, 2008

I previously had a 1999 Cross Country. The 2006 feels much bigger on the outside, but the rear seat seems to have less space. The seats are still great and its a very comfortable ride. The mileage could be better; I have gotten about 23 freeway driving and around 19 all around. If you live where it snows - you will find nothing better than this car! Its a much better ride and far superior quality to a Subaru Wagon (I had one previously). My experience has been that they do need more work than a Honda and are more expensive to fix (for example rotors need to be replaced each time you replace brake pads).

love the style and the compliments I get on XC70

by victoria from ontario | February 10, 2008

I have had this vehicle for 2 years. The only issue is that with a tall driver in the front, there is not much left over for the backseat passenger's legs. I have two preteen children, and this was to be my "forever car". We'll see how much longer the growing kids can handle sitting in the back when Dad's in the car. Other than that, I love the XC70 - it's stylish, still feels very tight after 55K, fuel economy is fine (I'm a life long SUV driver) and it is super in Canada's unpredictable winter driving environment.

VOLVO 244 1988 ,301598 Kmts

by carlos from Montreal , Canada | December 6, 2006

I drove this car and I doubt that there is a more confortable seat than this VOLVO has, its looks is love or hate me but you have to agree with me that its unique, very smooth ride, it is fairly loaded from factory and I found it quick to react considering size and weight and also very well finished. I'll said good value for your money. The most important feature for me and my family, it is the safest car in the world and my desition was base on that mainly, I ordered one.