2006 Volvo XC90

2006 Volvo XC90

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Volvo XC90 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Safe, Reliable and well worth the money.

by slvr bullet from Scranton, Pa | July 13, 2014

I've owned my xc-90 for 3 1/2 yes. I bought it with 110k on it, for $10k. Really wasn't expecting to get everything I got with this SUV. It now has almost 180k on it and still runs like a new vehicle. It's like a tank on icy, snowy roads and has never let me down. Add to that the fact that Volvo's are one of, if not the, safest cars on the road and the peace of mind that brings. By the way, the stereos in Volvo's are awesome! Mine has a six disc changer with amplified speakers. It sounds fantastic. I'm averaging almost 20 miles to the gallon...not bad for an SUV. I have always admired Volvo's, but after my xc90...I'll own nothing else!

Loving my Vo!

by Daily driver from Clendenin, WV | June 19, 2014

This is the first Volvo that I have ever owned, and I'm going to venture to say that it will not be the last. This car is quite comfortable (even though I'm 6' 5" and 240 lbs), it has plenty of room for myself and my teenage boys, it's very quiet at interstate speed, and it is quite stylish. The only issue that I can see at this point is that maintenance will be a bit higher than my previous vehicles, and it is going to go through tires faster than comparable vehicles (so my Volvo dealer says). I have not been able to test the AWD on slick roads as of yet, but the vehicle seems to grip quite well in gravel and other loose surfaces.

Never goes out of Style

by Military Mom from Los Osos, CA | August 13, 2013

We purchased our 2006 XC90 in 2005 brand new. Love it. At first I have to change tires after 36,000 miles. On my next set of tires I did not use michelin, I got Hankook and gave me more miles on the tires and did not change the performance. Everyone love it, including our 2 collies. We are planning to keep this car for as long as we can.

Great car for the Family

by that car guy from va bch, virginia | December 21, 2012

Love the comfort of the interior, and how roomy it is. I wish that it would have had an AUX input, and a navigation sytem that does not use DVD's. Other then that I have no complaints about the car. would recommend to others.

Bringing back sexy...

by Turned Family Man from NJ | July 15, 2012

I purchased a slightly used Volvo XC90 for the "family car" and I'm very pleased. It didn't break the bank and overall it is a solid, spacious car that eveyone enjoys. Wife is happy, kids are happy, little maintenance here and there but I'm happy too. Wasn't happy with the dealership nor the sales people but that is another story. I was pleasantly surprised with the car/SUV and will buy another one in three years or so. To all you fathers out there... in the eyes of your wife...this ride is sexy! So, trade in the Corvette and be a real hero to those who are counting on you. :)

Not impressed with the XC90

by JD from St. Louis, MO | June 7, 2012

Plan on putting tires on every 30,000 miles, brakes wear fast too. Audio system is horrible. We will not buy another Volvo XC90.

Was skeptical, but glad I leaped into one!

by Volvo 4 life from Mississippi | February 20, 2012

I have the 2.5t. I was skeptical about buying Volvo because of buying parts and repairing. But the way this car is running, that is not going to be an issue. Gas mileage is at about 20 around town. What other 7 seater can claim that? the safety of the car amazes me. Check out the youtube videos of crashes in a Volvo. I was deciding between the Acadia and the Yukon, but ultimately made the right choice.

Nicest Car I Have Ever Owned

by 1st Time Volvo Owner from Matthews, NC | December 21, 2010

Bought a 2006 XC90 Volvo used in 2010 because it was the last year of the 5 cylinder engine and I had read the 6's were unreliable. Where do I start with this car? It is beautiful inside and out, handles well, good on fuel consumption, tons of room and has so many extras, it took us weeks to play with them all. The two dogs, one of them a shepherd, ride very comfortably in the back. Compared the BMW X3, Toytota Highlander, VW Tiguana and Honda CRV. It is such a pleasure to drive and to drive with other people since it holds 7 people! Best crossover on the market and great car for the money.

Love My XC90

by andy from Colorado Foothills | November 16, 2010

The 5 cylinder 2.5T doesn't have enough power? Really? Mine has plenty of power for the shortest uphill freeway accerlation lane. If you want reliability and endurance get the 2.5Turbo. If you tow maybe get the V8, but I've been told by two volvo mechanics that the 2.5 is the better engine. And Don't get the T6--very bad GM transmission. Love how it drives, the safety features. Lots of cargo space-- or 7 Passengers. AWD works great in the snow. You do need to get quality tires with good warranties because it does eat tires. Also, you get better performance/gas mileage with premium gas--come-on, don't be cheap.If buying premium tires and premium gas make you balk, then maybe you should buy a cheaper car. This is, after all a premium SUV.

Best SUV Ever!

by counselingman88 from Lancaster, PA | September 7, 2009

While attempting to upgrade from the Ford SUV pack I decided to test some luxury models as well. After weeks of driving Ford's Explorer, Edge, Freestyle/Taurus X, Lincoln's MKX, Navigator, Mercedes M-Class and BMW-X5 I was most impressed with the Volvo XC90. I drove both the I5 and V8 models and was very impressed with both models but decided to buy the V8 since I had sold my 04 F150 Lariat SuperCrew to downsize to an SUV needing to pull my 6x10' utility trailer. Since making the purchase I have pulled the trailer twice and wow...cannot tell the trailer is there. Looking forward to a long relationship.