2013 Volvo XC90

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Safest Car

by J.L. from Clarks Summit, PA | January 23, 2014

I've recently been in an accident with my volvo xc90. It was dark and it was snowing and I was driving home after work with my 20 month old son on the back seat. Suddenly I noticed an SUV with it's lights off backing up from a very steep driveway. I was to close to avoid it and it hit my rear right door right where my son was in his car seat. It turned out there was no one in the car. They forgot to put it in parking and it just rolled down the hill. It was a scary experience but it could have been much worse if I hadn't been in my volvo. My son was completely fine. Our door has a few dents and needs to be replaced. However the other SUV's back end was completely smashed. I am so thankful to Volvo for making such a strong and stable vehicle and for keeping me and my family safe.

2nd XC90 Owner. Brake Dust Problem??

by Nurse Tasha /Mom on the Go from King of Prussia, PA | November 16, 2013

I Just recently traded in my first love my 2006 Volvo xc90 2.5t (silver) with 108k which was a turbo for a 2013 ICE white Xc90 3.2 i fell in love with these xc90s a long time ago and i had my other one for some years and thought it was time for a new Volvo. I really love the updated styling IE (Tail lights, Led Fogs and the updated interior gas miledge is about the same i get 17mpg in the suburbs and my old xc90 was about 15 mpg overall. Im very pleased!!! Even though my hubby brought to my attention that my wheels get a high amount of brake dust that my other xc90 didnt have before?? who knows with work and my 2 teen boys i wash my car once every 5 months unless my husband or son takes it to the car wash for me or when volvo service cleans it LOL!! I LOVE MY XC90!!!!!!!

CatG from Raleigh, NC :

by PIngo from | October 24, 2013

Yo probably can try another Big Volvo: the one used to transport Cattle... There is not vehicle merging the mid luxury confortability, safe and reliability than this on the US market. Price little high, Feels like car but still SUV.I recomend the SUV, if you drive and use like human beeing.... My own is a 2005 with 125K miles and looks like the 2013's. one and I never had a problem.

This model is dated

by Clayhurst from Nashville, TN | August 20, 2013

The XC90 is a nice car but for the same money you can get an Infiniti JX35 which is a much nicer SUV that is much more up to date, handles better and has better third row seating and A/C

Buyers Remorse

by Janny from Dallas, YX | June 19, 2013

I wish I had stuck with my Highlander...this car has NO room for teen age boys in the 2nd row...I even have trouble getting out of the car (5'7 female). No voice activated phone system, navigation screen is a joke! You have to keep the 3rd row seats folded down to be able to see out of the rear window...going back to the Highlander asap

Unreliable and Disappointing!!!

by sah2075 from Columbus, Georgia | May 28, 2013

Bought the 2013 XC90 in May of 2012 and I probably got the lemon in the lot. My experience with this vehicle was extremely frustrating and disappointing. From the time I drove it off the lot I had brake issues with vibration, squealing, rubbing noises which dealer said was normal and refused to fix. At 13000 miles the starter and AC compressor died leaving me and my wife stranded in the middle of the highway, vehicle had to be towed to dealership. Afterwards it seems like it was just one issue after another. The leather seats snag and scratch easily from normal sitting. Backup alarm does not work at times, the BLIS is a waste because it will only work on the drivers side. I finally had enough of this vehicle and dealing with the dealership. I decided to trade it in for an Infiniti JX35 and am happy to be rid of that lemon.

Very disappointing

by Goldie Regret from Washington, DC | April 19, 2013

This car was the one. I needed a nice, luxurious, mid-life crisis car and the 2013 Volvo XC90 was going to be it. I wanted the car fully loaded with all the options including the Blind Spot Indicator System (BLIS), Reverse back up camera, Rear Seat Entertainment Package with DVD players in the headrest and wireless headphones, and cherry wood appointments. After weeks of searching I found and purchased the car. Two weeks later, I found myself stuck on the side of the road with an overheated engine. Turns out my XC90 had a defective radiator. "The first one he has ever come across" according to the volvo service technician. There is nothing like the being broken down in a $50,000 dollar vehicle with less than 1,000 miles on it as you watch car after car drive past you with envy. While my experince maybe isolated, I can not in all honesty recommend the Volvo XC90. What I learned: Volvo cars take "special volvo" coolant that can't be purchased just anywhere and the Volvo roadside assistance only tows your car to nearest dealship within 25 miles. Of course the dealership I purchased the car was 28 miles from my location.

decent SUV - FANTASTIC V8 ENGINE

by stevet from | February 28, 2013

I purchased the XC90 with the V8 engine and I love it. It's a LOT of power and performance in a conservative body style. The V6 XC90 model is underpowered, sluggish and not a good fit for this heavy SUV. The XC90 V8 / Yamaha engine is smooth, FAST and very quiet. Incredible low end and mid range power. Too bad Volvo discontinued the V8 Model and now heading down the 4 cylinder road for the next XC90 design in 2014.

needs to be updated

by Retired with grand children from austin, Texas | January 30, 2013

Vollvo is a very safe car. We needed to seat 7 passenjers, 3 children under 8 and an infant. Seating is cramped for any adults in the 2nd & 3rd rows. The navigation system is outdated and difficult to see. Backup camera display screen is too slow to help with backing up. The engine is under powered for the weight of the car, Overall I would rate the XC90 as average.

Good Car

by Tom from New York, NY | November 25, 2012

Really good car, extremely comfortable, and rides very smooth. Before this I had the 2007 model, and traded up to the 2013 for the extra amenities (bluetooth, satellite, USB port etc.). It has a quick ride, for an SUV, whereas some other SUV's are a little sluggish. Really good in the snowstorm we just had, which is definitely important. Overall, I wish they would add a little extra and maybe change the interior a little bit, but it's well worth it for the reliability and comfort level it offers.