We truck on as winter moves to spring, auto show season moves to Geneva and a certain madness that has no relation to the month begins.
- Man! Fender-benders can be expensive. In simulated crashes, repairs cost more than some of our first cars.
- Our Faceoff of the month tackles manly SUVs.
- The Geneva Motor Show delivers us first looks at the 2008 Volvo XC70, hybrid concepts from Honda and Toyota, an all-new Bentley and, most importantly, the next BMW M3.
- Joe Wiesenfelder discovers a problem with GM’s new crossovers, the GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook. The company tackles the issue and Joe retests the three-row people-movers, giving them a clean bill of health. Just in time for the Suburban Dad to tote his kids in one.
- $2.50 gas freaks us out. In related news, first word of a Porsche Cayenne hybrid hits.
- The Cars.com Great Car Faceoff begins. We never knew Ford Crown Victoria and Nissan 350Z fans were so excitable.
- A post about OnStar dropping its analog service starts one of the longest ongoing comment threads in KickingTires history.
- We learn the Dodge Challenger looks good in black.
- The Urban Dink goes car shopping. He is not thinking of adding a Ferrari to his garage, but is a tad concerned about the toxic new car smell.
- The New York Auto Show held in April can’t contain itself and we get good looks at a bunch of new models, including the 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha, Hyundai Genesis, Buick Lucerne Super, Infiniti G37, Infiniti EX, Cadillac STS, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR and one itsy bitsy Chevy. Whew. Wonder what’s left for the actual show.
Research a Specific Make
Acura Alfa Romeo Aston Martin Audi Bentley BMW Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ferrari FIAT Ford Genesis GMC Honda Hyundai INFINITI Jaguar Jeep Karma Kia Lamborghini Land Rover Lexus Lincoln Lotus Maserati Mazda McLaren Mercedes-Benz MINI Mitsubishi Nissan Porsche RAM Rolls-Royce smart Subaru Toyota Volkswagen Volvo