- There aren’t a lot of new cars introduced in August but one new crossover seemed to be in short supply.
- We have a faceoff for high-rollers but it doesn’t include the new Bentley Continental GT Speed. Two more pricey droptops get special treatment.
- We get our first drive in the redesigned Toyota Highlander.
- Even car executives know shoppers loathe the dealership experience. That doesn’t stop Hollywood from planning a movie about one gifted used car salesman.
- Ford’s Sync system gets a low price; we like it even more.
- Domestics begin to gain in reliability ratings and customer satisfaction scores.
- One of our writers gets to pilot an Audi RS8 around a track.
- GM sets aside a cool $100 million to market the redesigned Malibu. After all the commercials we’ve seen lately that number isn’t surprising.
- There’s a car show in Frankfurt but that Honda debuts the redesigned Accord sedan and coupe, its best-sellers, online instead.
- NFL linebacker Lance Briggs crashes his rare Lamborghini. The mechanic’s bill is more than many a home, especially in today’s market.
The Year in Cars: 2007
Research a Specific Make
Acura Alfa Romeo Aston Martin Audi Bentley BMW Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ferrari FIAT Ford Genesis GMC Honda Hyundai INFINITI Jaguar Jeep Karma Kia Lamborghini Land Rover Lexus Lincoln Lotus Maserati Mazda McLaren Mercedes-Benz MINI Mitsubishi Nissan Porsche RAM Rolls-Royce smart Subaru Toyota Volkswagen Volvo