2013 Chevrolet Cruze: What's Changed
June 15, 2012
- Most significant changes: Chevy's MyLink multimedia system is standard across more of the lineup, and some new option packages are available.
- Price change: TBD
- On sale: This fall
- Which should you buy, 2012 or 2013? If price is your biggest consideration, buy the 2012. No word yet on pricing for the 2013 model, but it is likely to be more expensive because of the added features.
Chevrolet's compact sedan is loaded with more technology features for 2013. Several versions of the Cruze get more standard equipment, like the MyLink multimedia system. There's also new technology and convenience option packages.
The Cruze is again available in in LS, 1LT, 2LT, LTZ and Eco trim levels. Model-year 2012's powertrains also return: a 138-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder and a 138-hp, 1.4-liter four-cylinder, both with six-speed automatic and manual transmissions. Diesel power is also on the way. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder will join the lineup in late 2013 or 2014.
New standard equipment includes:
- Eco, 2LT and LTZ: MyLink with Bluetooth streaming audio, voice recognition for phone, Pandora and Stitcher internet radio smartphone compatibility and Gracenote capability (playlist and album art)
- Eco, 2LT and LTZ: Color-touch AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback capability and 7-inch touch-screen display
New optional equipment includes:
- Technology Package: Color-touch AM/FM stereo with CD player, MyLink and backup camera
- LT Driver Convenience Package: Illuminated vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger, auto-dimming rearview mirror, backup camera and power-adjustable heated outside mirrors
- 1LT Driver Convenience Package: Six-way power driver's seat with manual recliner, illuminated vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger, auto-dimming rearview mirror and power-adjustable heated side mirrors. On 1LT, it includes remote vehicle start.
- Enhanced Safety Package (LT, Eco and LTZ): Rear park assist, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- On 1LT: Color-touch AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 capability, GPS navigation, USB port, 7-inch touch-screen display
Three new exterior colors are also available for 2013: Cyber Gray Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic and Atlantis Blue Metallic.
Research the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze
More Chevy Cruze Diesel Details Emerge
More Chevrolet News on Cars.com
Assistant Managing Editor Jennifer Geiger is a reviewer, car-seat technician and mom of three. She wears a lot of hats, many of them while driving a minivan. Email Jennifer