Save Some Cash With Memorial Day Deals
By Kelsey Mays
on May 23, 2013
Somewhere between that pile of grilled meat and your food coma, you may want to pencil in some car shopping this Memorial Day weekend. It's a weekend for car dealers to end May on a high note — and it's never too early to sell down some 2013 inventory in advance of the 2014s, the bulk of which will show up during the next four months or so.
We checked out the cash and financing deals from the biggest automakers; take a look below to see what's in store as you pass by all those colorful tents.
- The 2013 300 and 300C sedans, plus their 2013 Dodge Charger sibling, have discounts of $2,500 to $4,000, or up to $1,500 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives exclude SRT8 versions and run through June 3.
- The 2013 200 Touring and Limited sedans have $3,500 off or $1,000 plus financing as low as zero percent. The 200's Dodge Avenger sibling offers $3,000 off or discount financing. Discounts run through June 3 for both cars.
- The well-received 2013 Ram 1500 pickup truck has discounts from $500 to $3,250 or up to $1,500 plus financing as low as zero percent. Discounts run through June 3.
- The 2013 Focus SE and Titanium compacts have discounts of $2,250 to $2,750 or $500 plus financing as low as zero percent. The base, Focus S trim has just $1,500 off, though. Current incentives run through June 3.
- The 2013 Taurus SEL, Limited and SHO sedans have discounts from $3,500 to $4,250 or $1,750 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives run through June 3.
- The 2013 Flex SUV has discounts of $3,000 to $3,500 or $1,500 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives run through June 3.
- If you need to tow a boat, the aging 2013 Expedition has $4,000 on its hood — twice the incentives of the rival Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban — or $500 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives run through June 3.
- The F-150 pickup has discounts of $2,000 to $3,500 or $1,000 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives run through June 3.
- As part of its Memorial Day sale, Chevrolet is tossing an extra $500 in Memorial Day cash atop existing offers for the base (LS) versions of the Malibu, Cruze and Traverse, plus all trims for the Sonic. Memorial Day bonuses total $750 for the Silverado pickup.
- GMC and Buick have similar offers ranging from $500 to $750 on select models.
- Hyundai spokesman Miles Johnson told us the automaker will offer discount financing on the Sonata and Elantra, with no payments for 90 days. Hyundai will also offer "valued owner coupons" on every other vehicle for those who currently own a Hyundai; those awards range from $500 to $1,500. The program ends on May 31.
- The 2013 Tundra pickup has discounts of $2,750 or $1,000 plus financing as low as zero percent. Incentives end on June 3.
Leasing deals are harder to assess, given that lease rates depend on depreciation rates as well as MSRP. That's why Honda has no major cash deals. The automaker will advertise a Memorial Day savings event, spokesman Chris Martin told us, but the savings will come in lease deals or discount financing; Honda typically gives few cash discounts.
As always, incentives in your region may vary. Ford spokesman Mike Moran told us the automaker has no national Memorial Day sale — "only some regional activity" — so, as always, check the automaker website for specific details for your area.
Browse All Current Rebate and Financing Offers
Top 10 Cash-Back Offers
More Automotive News
Senior Consumer Affairs Editor Kelsey Mays likes quality, reliability, safety and practicality. But he also likes a fair price. Email Kelsey