For consumers who want to support the U.S. economy, determining a product’s homegrown credentials is no easy task in today’s global economy — but it’s an important question amid a new era of import tariffs and ongoing renegotiations of long-standing trade pacts. Few origin stories are as complicated as that of a modern automobile, whose badge and even assembly location don’t tell the whole story. Enter Cars.com’s American-Made Index, which ranks the most American models on the market. Which cars top the list for 2018?
The Cars.com 2018 American-Made Index
1. Jeep Cherokee: Belvidere, Ill.
2. Honda Odyssey: Lincoln, Ala.
3. Honda Ridgeline: Lincoln, Ala.
4. Ford Taurus: Chicago
5. Chevrolet Volt: Detroit
6. Honda Pilot: Lincoln, Ala.
7. Acura MDX: East Liberty, Ohio
8. Ford Explorer: Chicago
9. Ford F-150: Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.
10. Chevrolet Corvette: Bowling Green, Ky.
All information pertains to the 2018 model year. MDX excludes hybrid variant. Sources include AALA data published by NHTSA, regulatory submissions from automakers to NHTSA obtained by Cars.com, automaker sales and production data, Automotive News production data and Cars.com inventory analyses.