Looking for a car? Cars.com is the go-to resource for car shoppers and owners. If you’re in the market for a car, or looking to service the one you own, the site can help you through every step of the process.
The three key steps to buying a new car are:
1. Research: Without enough research, you’ll lack the confidence you need to make informed decisions throughout the process, and in the end, you may be unhappy with your selection. Research will help you determine what car is right for you, and Cars.com has many tools you can use in this stage of your car purchase. Here’s a brief list of some of the tools to help research your new-car purchase:
- Expert car reviews
- Consumer reviews of cars
- Buying Guides by segment
- Side-by-side car comparisons
- Current safety and recall information
- There are also helpful articles such as deciding between buying versus leasing or buying used versus new.
2. Price: Once you’ve determined which type of car will meet your needs, the next step is to consider how much you’re going to pay. There are many factors, including how much you can afford overall, that will help narrow your list of contenders. There are lots of tools to help you through this:
- Our finance page includes information about interest rates, a credit-score tool and more.
- Calculators that determine affordability, auto loan or loan versus lease to help you find the monthly payment you’ll be comfortable with
- Articles on the cost of cars and the most affordable cars
3. Find: Once you know how much you can spend, it is time to find your perfect car. This is where Cars.com’s millions of new- and used-car listings come in handy. In addition to searching through listings for cars in your area, you can also:
- Use the New Car Configurator to build the exact car you want
- Read reviews of dealerships in your area written by other consumers
- Search millions of new- and used-car listings to find a vehicle in your area
- Take advantage of the “On The Lot” section of the Cars.com app where you’ll have all the tools you need at your fingertips during the final stages of your purchase
Still, the process isn’t over once you’ve purchased your new car. Cars.com is also the go-to resource for car owners, helping them through the car service and repair process. This new site tool helps car owners find service providers in their area, find out how much they should pay for their repair using the Fair Price Estimator and read reviews of service-providers before determining where to take their car. There is also information about different repairs and expert tips, like how often you should really get an oil change. Many auto repairs are sparked by a manufacturer recall. On the Cars.com service and repair page, car owners can search for the latest recalls on their vehicle.