Chicago - November 16, 2017
Just in time for Black Friday, Cars.com [NYSE: CARS] has revealed some of the top car deals shoppers can expect to find at their local dealerships. With a trifecta of year end, month end and Black Friday, many manufacturers are offering extra-special deals and incentives during this year’s day-after-Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza.
With new car sales still struggling after a 1.4 percent year-over-year decline in October[i], automakers are using Black Friday as an additional way to entice shoppers. According to a new Cars.com study, 18 percent of car shoppers said they’re more inclined to visit a dealership on Black Friday. 74 percent of those shoppers said they’re more inclined to visit a dealership on Black Friday specifically as a result of special deals and promotions.
“Black Friday is certainly a great time to go car shopping, and with Cars.com’s suite of pricing tools, it’s easier than ever to find great deals before heading to the dealership,” said Jennifer Newman, Cars.com’s editor-in-chief. “We’re seeing solid incentives from a number of different manufacturers. If you are already in the market for a new car, you might want to consider hitting your local dealership lots this Black Friday instead of waiting in long lines at your nearest big-box store. From the data we’ve seen, the reward is there for certain vehicles[ii].”
Some of the most notable incentives according to Cars.com experts are[iii]:
· Ford Fusion: Shoppers can expect to save between $2,150 and $5,000 on certain 2017 trims. If they choose to finance directly through Ford, additional discounts may be available.
· Hyundai Elantra: A discount of $3,000 can be found on 2018 Elantra sedans and $1,000 off on the hatchback model, the Elantra GT. Hyundai is also offering additional discounts if shoppers choose Hyundai financing options.
· Kia Optima: Kia is offering shoppers $1,500 off the 2018 Optima and $3,000 off the 2017 model. Like Ford and Hyundai, if shoppers choose to finance through Kia, additional discounts may be available.
· Kia Sorento: 2017 Sorento models can be purchased with a $3,000 to $4,000 discount, and 2018s are being offered with a $1,500 to $2,000 discount. Like all the deals listed, additional discounts may be available if shoppers choose to finance directly through Kia.
Other vehicles that shoppers can expect to find at discounted prices or with special incentives (check local advertisements for specific deals, terms and conditions may apply):
- 2017-18 Chevrolet Cruze
- 2017-18 Chevrolet Malibu
- 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan
- 2017 Ford Escape
- 2017-18 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- 2017-18 Jeep Cherokee
- 2017 Jeep Renegade
- 2017-18 Mazda3
- 2017 Toyota Prius c
“With deals aplenty, shoppers have good reason to go car shopping. However, our research indicated that regardless of deals and incentives, 16 percent of shoppers are more inclined to visit a dealership this Black Friday because they have more available free time, and 8 percent said they’d shop over Black Friday simply because ‘it’s fun’,” added Newman.
For more information on Black Friday deals or the latest car shopping news, visit www.cars.com/blackfriday.
[i]U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, November 2017
[ii]November 2017 Car Gifting Survey from Cars.com consumer panel consisting of 5,500 panelists and 620 survey respondents
[iii]Discounts and incentives are subject to availability in local markets
Cars.com™ is a leading two-sided digital automotive marketplace that creates meaningful connections between buyers and sellers. Launched in 1998 and headquartered in Chicago, the company empowers consumers with resources and information to make informed buying decisions around The 4Ps of Automotive MarketingTM: Product, Price, Place and Person, by connecting advertising partners with in-market car shoppers and providing data-driven intelligence to increase inventory turn and gain market share. A pioneer in online automotive classifieds, the company has evolved into one of the largest digital automotive platforms, connecting thousands of local dealers across the country with millions of consumers. Through trusted expert content, on-the-lot mobile features and intelligence, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of pricing and research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com is transforming the car shopping experience.