CARS.COM — Whether you're getting a jump on Father's Day or just need an excuse to take advantage of the surprisingly low gas prices as we press further into June, purchasing a new vehicle is a big deal. We want to help you do it right; check out our features and tips for extra reading before you head to the dealership and put pen to paper.
Related: More Car-Buying News
What car should I buy? That depends on a lot of factors, but our reviews can help. Check out our recent additions:
- Pickup trucks: Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- SUVs: Audi Q5, Fiat 500X, Mercedes-AMG GLC43, Nissan Rogue Sport
- Family sedans: Acura TLX
- Fuel sippers: Chevrolet Bolt EV, Volkswagen e-Golf
- Hatchbacks: Kia Niro, Mini Clubman
- Luxury cars: Audi RS 7, BMW M760
- Minivans: Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- Sports cars: Honda Civic Si, Mazda MX-5 Miata RF, Lexus LC 500
How much can I afford? Read our primer.
Should I finance, lease or pay cash? That depends, but this might help you decide.
Anything I shouldn't do when I'm at the dealer? Yep. Avoid these pitfalls.
Should I get an extended warranty? That depends. Here's what you need to know.
How do I sell or trade in my old car? Learn how to prep your car before you sell it to a dealer, how to trade it in and how to deal with taxes and other considerations. If you still owe money on your old car, read this. Finally, if you want to sell it private party, here's how to create the picture-perfect ad and how to seal the deal.