Your mission is to define and activate the Cars.com brand strategy so it resonates deeply with consumers and stands out from the pack. You understand the power of brand to grow a business and have a track record of wins with beloved consumer brands.
The Brand Marketing Director is responsible for driving brand strategy, creative strategy and briefs, creative development, stakeholder management, agency and creative partner management, budget management and the integrated go to market process across multiple projects and campaigns. The Brand Marketing Director is also responsible for ensuring that brand standards are met for all projects to drive consistency and authenticity of all Cars.com branded assets within and across B2C and B2B marketing.
This role is responsible for the management and administration of developing, coordinating and implementing marketing strategies. This role will manage and develop marketing and sales activities such as strategy, advertising and manage internal partners and partner agencies. This role will manage all branding efforts and will partner with the Director of Media and Acquisition in determining the appropriate marketing channels. Accountable for budget and policy recommendations and medium to longer-term planning. Develop and manages more junior level Marketing staff.
Responsible for the marketing programs to support product introductions, ongoing efforts and business development. Key Responsibilities:
• Lead our strategic thinking to flesh out the Cars.com brand, from our “big idea” and the promises we make, to our values, voice, and personality. Developing a distinctive point of view is essential.
• Set a direction that focuses on the Cars.com consumer and customer — the best brands start with in depth insights about their needs, interests, and passions. You are well versed with the best research methodologies to get at this.
• Oversee the work to bring to life the brand strategy with cohesive messaging, a fully realized visual identity and voice. Lead the execution across all consumer touchpoints, including advertising, on site, and owned channels. Evangelize the vision so all Cars.com employees feel ownership in the brand.
• Responsible for delivering growth in brand awareness, and know what levers to pull and how to measure results, including trends in brand beliefs and attitudes, and effectiveness of brand campaigns. You are equally fluent with quantitative and qualitative performance indicators.
• Own brand-building channels like TV and other offline media, and have developed creative campaigns from scratch that moved the needle in awareness. You know how to best invest across a portfolio of channels to optimize the media mix with integrated campaigns.
• Oversee creative and media agency relationships with an eye to long term partnerships that deliver aggressive growth.
• Oversee a small brand and creative team and partner closely with others on the marketing, communications and product teams to ensure the brand experience is consistent and cohesive. You are passionate about developing great marketers, and bringing out the best efforts of creative people.
Culture Fit & Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
• Drives Action
• Embodies and Encourages Intelligent Creativity
• Navigates Organizations Successfully
• Builds and Develops Best-in-Class Teams
• Inspires Trust, Confidence, and Consensus
• Conceptual/Strategic thinker
• Proactive/Forward thinker
• Communicates Effectively and Consistently
• Thinks big and has conviction
15+ years of successful brand marketing leadership experience covering both creative agency and complex corporate environments (consumer products / electronics preferred)
• 10+ years of creative marketing experience with large corporation and / or creative agency
• BA required, advanced degree in lieu of experience • Strong understanding of storytelling, the creative process and brand development
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and interface with senior and executive leadership both internally and externally
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with high degree of uncertainty
• Self-motivated, proactive and reactive, ability to prioritize projects and adjust as needed
• Ability to manage budgets
• Positive attitude, team oriented, optimistic, flexible, solutions thinker, problem solver
• Relentlessly driven to make the best work in the world and of his / her career
Cars.com, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.