Are you passionate about crafting great experiences? Do you want to take a hands-on approach to driving consumer oriented problem solving in the automotive space? If you answered “Yes” to both, then this is the role for you! Cars.com, a top-tier online destination for automobile shoppers, sellers, and owners, seeks an experienced and passionate user experience professional to join our digital product team.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will provide day to day problem solving and thought leadership for one or more teams focused on achieving tangible results through experimentation within our Lean Development methodology. Ideal candidates will have a strong portfolio that demonstrates results pushing the boundaries with innovative digital products and experiences.
- Design conceptual diagrams, information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, interaction specifications, and prototypes.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by initiating and managing usability testing and user research and interpreting analytics data
- Provide thought leadership for lean product design & development teams, collaborating closely with product owners, developers, and supporting disciplines such as research, analytics, SEO as you drive towards measurable results.
- Become a strong advocate for the consumer experience, leveraging business requirements, user research, consumer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings to rapidly iterate and explore demonstrable success.
- Use Cars.com’s set of established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across all aspects of the consumer experience; when necessary coordinate with internal teams to refine and expand our pattern library.
- Perform metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- Develop and manage relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration, consistency and efficiency on Cars.com projects
- Facilitate and lead design discussions with the product team and product stakeholders