Cars.com is seeking a seasoned data manager to provide the vision and leadership to implement Cars.com business analytics and data warehouse strategies. The incumbent must have hands-on experience with the entire data warehouse life cycle as well as experience managing and growing the capabilities of team members. The individual will lead a team of technical resources in building out data solutions that power our applications and analytics. Candidates should possess strong analytical thinking skills and back-end solution experience.
- Effectively manage a team of approximately 10 - 15 data developers in day to day development tasks including: design reviews, adherence to coding standards, data modeling, ETL development, data analysis, and system integration recommendations.
- Contribute to appropriate communities of practice (a group of similarly skilled developers) to promote, develop, and mature existing and innovative ways to solve technical problems and improve the product development process.
- Coach, guide, and mentor developers working on product teams through direct conversation and engagement with their communities of practice to continually challenge and raise the bar for excellence in software development and leadership.
- Foster innovation in all projects – create a positive working environment that supports and drives innovation.
- Establish partnerships with key technology teams across the company to leverage existing technologies and processes, as well as evangelize best practices.
- Employ agile product development methodologies that accommodate changing business conditions and reduce time to market of solutions. Establish engineering standards and discipline within the team.
- Contribute to key decisions regarding data architecture, data tool design, and project sizing.
- Review designs of the product functionalities and features created by the team, and make recommendations to improve efficiency of the product.
- Establish career development plans and company focused quarterly goals for resources to help them expand their skill set and contributions to the company.
- Partner with DBA, operations and system engineering team to monitor performance of data platforms and ensure optimal utilization of the Data Platform investments
- Help troubleshoot and guide developers when facing technical roadblocks or obstacles in their development tasks.