Cars.com operates a marketplace business, with an acute focus on helping our consumers and advertisers win. Since 1997, we have built the leading B2B and B2C brand in the industry. Our purpose is to help the consumer and the advertiser win by being the decision engine that moves people through the car ownership cycle with transparent fund and engaging experiences.
The Regional Vice President will take a prominent role on the leadership team and will identify, mentor and create the future leaders of the organization. The position will have primary responsibility for the growth of cars.com revenue in multiple regions throughout North America. The Regional Vice President of Direct Sales will lead a fast growing and high energy team in establishing the vision, tone and direction of their department.
- The RVP, Direct Sales will be responsible for setting and executing Cars.com’s regional sales strategy. This executive will assume leadership of a growing sales organization, including Sales Directors and Regional Sales Managers, to drive top line revenue growth and deliver innovative digital advertising solutions to our customers.
- Develop and communicate vision, goals while working in a collaborative/ teamwork environment with their peers and across sales channel, company divisions and dealer partners.
- Be a leader in the industry by keeping up with changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment within the team characterized by high expectations and aggressive sales goals while fostering an open, accountable direct sales culture.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Ongoing development of a high performing sales staff by leading the sales team through sales planning, inspecting, forecasting and performance management.
- Grow and maintain industry knowledge through participation in workshops; reviewing publications; and developing rich personal networks.