The Cash Analyst is responsible for accurately applying all customer payments received by Cars.com. In addition, the Cash Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all live checks received are given to the Accounting team for deposit.
- Process and post payments received from customer, including wires/ACH and credit card payments within a timely basis.
- Ensure payments posted balance to control totals.
- Verify that the information provided by the banks regarding customer accounts is accurate.
- Identify, research and process returned checks from customers.
- Identify, research and process refunds checks sent to customers.
- Work closely with the Collections Group to identify, research and process all unidentified and misapplied payments from customers so they are accurately applied to customer accounts.
- Maintain and support all daily, weekly and monthly cash reporting including but not limited to Daily Cash Receipts, Monthly Cash Goals, Unidentified Payment Listing, Cash Applied Reports, etc.
- Respond to inquiries regarding checks received from internal and external customers.
- Complete requests such as write-offs, refunds, and misapplied payments that come from the collections team.
- Print customer invoices monthly and work with Mailroom on mailing them out.
- Complete other special projects or assume additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.