Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Inside Sales Director is responsible for overall revenue and customer retention and growth for a defined geographic region. This role is also responsible for helping to set strategic direction and ensuring the execution of the Cars.com sales plans. This role is also heavily focused on attracting, developing, coaching and retaining a large inside sales force, working through Regional Sales Managers. The Inside Sales Director leads and encourages the team to leverage creative thinking and consultative sales approaches with the overall goal of achieving continued fast paced growth and the Cars.com market leading position.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help attain the mission of making car shopping and selling a great experience through the efforts of the sales team.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment within the team characterized by high expectations and aggressive goal attainment while fostering an open, accountable and fun environment.
- Develop teams to provide a high level of engagement with the market leading Cars.com customer base and provide partners with key insights to affect positive change.
- Ensure Regional Sales Managers and the entire team is fully aware of strategic sales priorities and of the revenue and growth goals and customer-driven initiatives and priorities.
- Maintain high energy and company connectivity through communications, contests and events, creating a fun work atmosphere and winning culture while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Ensure team has access to information necessary to do their job and feel informed.
- Execute on company initiatives to ensure that the sales team meets and exceeds goals.
- Lead and coach team to think and act strategically and creatively and empower teams as much as possible.
- Ensure optimal levels of communication throughout the team
- Some travel across territory to ensure exposure to clients, partake in client and team events and to be as accessible as possible to team members for coaching, escalation of issues and as a communication channel to company management.
- Actively participate in company and team meetings, as required. Bring ideas and initiatives as well as opportunities to senior management that will continue to move the business forward.
- Ensure reporting and sales activity (e.g. Saleforce.com entries) is effectively executed by team.
- Direct professional development activity (internal and external) to ensure team members are proactively developing their skill sets.
- Keep abreast of industry, client and regional developments and trends and communicate such information throughout the team and organization, as appropriate.