Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Strategic Sales Manager is a senior individual contributor role within the Cars.com Direct Field Sales organization. This position is responsible for generating a substantial amount of new unit sales of assigned products.
- Develop and aggressively grow unit sales of specific products in the assigned market territories
- Set realistic expectations with customers and prospects regarding products purchased
- Perform strategic account planning by identifying opportunities to integrate the company’s products and services with the customer’s business processes
- Mentor, train, and coach assigned market sales personnel on how to effectively sell and service all designated products
- Work with Director, Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) and markets to attain individual product sales goals through planning and in market execution
- Motivate sales personnel to grow unit count on specific product sales
- Collaborate with sales management, team members and cross functional departments on individual market needs to meet product sales goals
- Provide weekly updates utilizing designated reporting to team members and management team)
- Represent Cars.com at various industry events
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license
- Travel within and outside territory, as required