We are looking for a passionate, collaborative, forward thinking Senior Director, Corporate Communications to join us as we grow and thrive in the next stage of our evolution.
The Sr. Director of Corporate Communications is a key strategic leader responsible for the development, integration, implementation and executive oversight of large-scale internal and external communication strategies to drive the business. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Sr. Director works cross functionally with the marketing leads, People Experience Team (PXT), and the CEO and executive team to provide strategic communication counsel and ensure alignment of strategies and plans across the business. In addition, the Sr. Director is responsible for developing and managing a team of internally and externally focused communications professionals.
- Strong business acumen rooted in deep functional communication expertise
- Diverse communications experience in a sales-focused dealer network or franchised organization
- Ability to lead the team and workflow using lean/agile principles
- Ability to collaborate, coach and influence across functions throughout the business.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Demonstrated potential for growth
- 10-12 years of experience driving strategic and engaging internal and external communications strategies in complex environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in dealing with C-level executives – coaching, counseling, and influencing leadership thinking.
- Experience leading change efforts in complex organizations.
- Experience in issues and crisis communications management.
- Experience in internal and external channel management - effectively selecting the most beneficial channel mix depending on audience and desired outcomes.
- Experience communicating within a public company and interfacing heavily with investor relations and legal partners.
- Develop, implement and lead strategic internal and external plans and processes.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide subject matter expertise and counsel to senior leaders (CEO, C-Suite).
- Present complex ideas, strategies and results succinctly and persuasively across all levels of the organization.
- Proactively identify and develop content that aligns with the strategic priorities of the business.
- Drive the content distribution through digital, video, mobile, broadcast, online, print, and in-person channels both internally and externally.
- Build awareness and advocate for the strategic priorities of the Communications department to foster alignment across the business.
- Leverage appropriate brand and industry research to ensure business strategies and programs resonate with and motivate key audiences.
- Seek development opportunities to strengthen individual leadership and counsel.
- Establish and maintain relationships with system stakeholders and influencers, as well as recommend and cultivate key external relationships for senior leaders.
- Serve as key member of the cross-functional marketing leadership team.
- Manage the performance, professional development and growth opportunities for direct reports.
- Effectively manage outside agencies/vendors as needed and required.
- Manage department budget and hold team accountable for plans.