With an average of 31 million visits each month, Cars.com is a leading online destination for car shoppers and owners. Since launching in 1998, we have built our brand with consumers and customers alike and become the trusted, go-to resource for both. While enjoying great stability, Cars.com has steadily expanded. We have doubled our workforce in the last five years and have yielded double-digit revenue growth in that same time.
Cars.com’s employee experience is about collaborating to achieve excellence for our consumers and customers while having fun. We’ve historically been—and will continue to be—a great place to work. We’re an established company with strong roots in Chicago, offering our employees a good work/life balance, career stability, strong resources, growth opportunities, development classes, health and wellness programs and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role is a newly created, position at Cars.com. It is being implemented to evolve the Human Resources function to the next level of excellence and business results delivery. The HRBP works closely with company functional business partners to implement initiatives that translate business strategy into achievable HR objectives and programs. They partner with both HR subject matter experts and their business partner on specific projects that involve the implementation of policies, solutions and processes by providing support and training to the business. Equally as important, they represent and support the needs of their partners, providing day to day advisory, designing, developing and leading change initiatives and facilitating training. They are a member of the functional leadership team of the business they support and are responsible for insuring overall organizational health within that function, in conjunction with business management. This role is not designed for consultancy; the HRBP shares responsibility for goal and target delivery.
- Acts as a single point of the contact for employees and business partners, providing guidance and coaching while facilitating the effective translation of HR policies to ensure alignment with organizational values and objectives.
- Provides support in various HR initiatives and projects in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, partnering with HR Subject Matter Experts to ensure fundamental employee lifecycle processes are current, relevant, congruent and aligned with business strategy and values
- Ensures the business complies with all local employment policies and legislation.
- Represents both their business partner and HR subject matter experts in the review, development and implementation of policies, plans, and processes, to ensure alignment.
- Understands their business partners needs and tailors HR programs to enhance the organization’s performance.
- Facilitates management teams to bring best solutions for employees and the business.
- Leads change management projects
- Maintain, analyze and interpret organizational vitality dashboards to educate and drive priority setting.
- Works with leaders to develop initiatives that drive the best results, and ensure the culture remains in step with our core company values by continually assessing employee engagement. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to share insight related to the given employee group, such as metrics related to performance, engagement, and talent management.
- Educates employees and business partners on HR capabilities and offerings in order to achieve the best utilization of resources to support employee and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate, advise and partner with business partners on employee relations matters such as performance management, diversity, investigations, performance documentation, terminations and related best practices.
- Challenges status quo and proposes creative solutions that mitigate risk and accelerate growth.